When Does the Skin That is Stitched from a Tummy Tuck Heal Together?

I was thinking of getting a tummy tuck. I dont have much fat, very athletic, and loose skin. My scheduled surgery date was for June 6, and i was planning on going on vacation the end of August. WIll this be enough time for the skin to heal together and will the stitches be out by then?

Tummy Tuck Healing

+1

It is usually safe to travel six to seven weeks after a tummy tuck. It usually takes 1-2 weeks to get back to some semblance of normal activity and 6-8 weeks to be totally normal. Suture removal is no problem. Most plastic surgeons use buried sutures that do not have to come out, as they support the wound longer and give a better scar. If there are any on the surface, they come out in about a week.

Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Plenty of time for healing for your vacation after tummy tuck

+1

I tell patients that they are healing pretty well at three weeks after a tummy tuck.  I typically ask patients to allow four weeks of healing prior to scheduling or going on a vacation.  At that point you should be fine. 

Web reference: http://www.boyntonplasticsurgery.com

Healing after a tummy tuck

+1

Skin healing goes through several phases.  For a tummy tuck, it should be pretty well healed at two weeks to the point where it shouldn't split apart.  Given the time frame you mention for your vacation, you should have no trouble.

Healing Time for a TUmmy Tuck

+1

With almost 2 months between your surgery and vacation, you should be fine. But you should not expect to be as physically active then as you are now. That may take another month.

And most of us do not use sutures that need to be removed. They can cause railroad track scars. We use stitches woven just under the skin surface and they are not visible and dissolve.