When is the Latest That Scar Tissue Can Develop After a Rhinoplasty?

I had a revision nearly 6 months ago to remove scar tissue that developed after my primary rhinoplasty. So far no scar tissue has developed, possibly because I massage my nose everyday and limit my sodium intake and sun exposure. How long after a rhinoplasty is the development of scar tissue no longer a concern?

Scar Tissue after Rhinoplasty

I'm not aware of any medical studies that have been done to answer your question. However, if you have not had any problems 6 months after your revision rhinoplasty it is extremely unlikely you will have an  inflammatory reaction or scar tissue formation in the future.

This varies greatly from patient to patient.  If it's a primary Rhinoplasty in a patient with thin skin, 6 to 9 months.  If, on the other hand the patient has thick skin or it's a Revision Rhinoplasty with a history of prior scar formation, 12 -18 months IMHO.  As always ask your Rhinoplasty Surgeon for specific instructions.

Rhinoplasty and scar tissue

Usually by six months if scar tissue ahs not developed, you are probably out of the woods.  Enjoy the new nose!