When Will the Internal Scar Tissue at the Tip Decrease? (photo)

There is still a lot Scar tissue at the tip.my surgery ws done 9 months back.I have taken 4 triamCinolone injections already.my surgeon says I have thick skin so there is residual scar tissue.plz tell me when will d scar tissue reduce and can I go for laser??

Swelling in a thick skin nasal tip may take many months to resolve after rhinoplasty.

+2

The picture demonstrates very poor definition in the nasal tip probably due to swelling. This may take a number of months more to resolve even though the patient is nine months out. Keep in touch with your surgeon.

Scar tissue in the tip

+2

it can certainly take up to a year or so for scar tissue to resolve. Continue with your surgeon's directions for now.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Swelling in the Nasal Tip

+2

Since you had nasal surgery 9 months ago, it sounds like you still have swelling in your nasal tip.  Some of it could be due to scar tissue.  In some cases, the swelling can take up to a year to go away.  It is very important to follow up on a monthly basis with your Plastic Surgeon during this healing phase.  Discuss your options with him, which could include a minor nasal revision.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Tip Scar Tissue 9 Months after Rhinoplasty

+1

I'm sorry but you picture is so limited it is difficult to adequately evaluate your tip. It takes at least a year for tip swelling to resolve after rhinoplasty. In some cases, such as revisions and people who had extensive grafting it is possible that some swelling will persist for 18 months or longer.