When is the Fat Considered Permanent After a Brazillian Butt Lift?

I recently had a bbl, I love my results. I am one month postop today. When will my results be permanent? Thanks

When Is Fat Considered Permanent After A BBL?

+3

Most BBL's include fairly significant fat injections.  Any fat absorption destined to occur is typically seen within a month of the procedure although fat absorption still remains a concern for about the first 3 months post-op.  After that point, usually what you have is going to stay around.  Sounds like you're in great "shape"!

Cherry Hill Plastic Surgeon

When is grafted fat used in the BBL considered permanent?

+3

The BBL is considered the most natural and most popular form of buttock augmentation. In our office after having performed this procedure on hundreds of patients over the last 13 years I find that the results are fairly permanent at about 6 weeks post surgery. Beyond this period there is very little change in terms of shrinkage. In fact, no one returns after a year or more becasue of loss of transplanted fat. If a second procedure is desired or necessary it can usually be performed after 3 months.

George Lefkovits, MD

When is the Fat considered Permanent after the Brazilian Butt Lift?

+3

What is alive at this point in time should be permanent as long as you don't do anything to injure it.  It is still healing.  The big question is, How much is alive?  There is no way to know until your swelling is gone.  Typically patients see their final size by about 3 months after surgery.  There may be a slight amount of shrinkage over the following few months, but it is usually very minimal. 
Good luck, and still be careful!

Daniel P. Markmann, MD