When Does Swelling Subside?

I am 4wks post op and I'm scared that i have a uni boob but my PS staff keeps telling me it's still swollen and it's too soon to worry. I went from an A cup to 600cc which was filled to 640cc. How soon do you know if it's a uniboob or am i freaking out too soon? I expressed this concern befote surgery, he assured me that i had enough chest room for 600cc bit I'm worried now... Please get back to me asap

Uniboob concerns after large breast augmentation

+2

Concerns over uniboob or symmastia may arise in the initial recovery period after breast augmentation.  At 4 weeks, you definitely still have swelling and it is too early to tell what the final result will be.  That being said, I would discuss the potential of a symmastia bra with your surgeon.  The pressure that this bra applies over the breast none can help minimize the potential for symmastia.  Good luck.

UniBoob, 4wks out?

+2

Dear Jewel,

To give good guidance online, we really need to see a photo of the area of concern.  However, 4 weeks out, there should not be too much swelling in the central chest/sternum area. 

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

650 cc implants may be too large for some patients.

+2

Is implants increase in volume their diameter increases as well. If the diameter overwhelms the surface area the chest the breasts can look as though they are joined. It is unlikely swelling is a source of the problem four weeks out. Nevertheless, this is a concern will properly addressed by your personal surgeon.

Concerns about Uni Boob (Symmastia) after Breast Augmentation?

+2

Thank you for the question. As you can imagine, despite best intentions, online consultants will not be a would provide you with meaningful advice and/or reassurance. Having said that, the vast majority of patients who are concerned about issues such as “uni-boob”, go on to being pleased with the outcome of the procedure in the longer term. Assuming you have chosen your plastic surgeon carefully, I will suggest that you trust in his advice and continue close follow-up.

When Does Swelling Subside?

+2

Without a photo, I cannot comment.  Every patient heals at a different rate, but most of the swelling is usually gone by the 4th week.  I do recommend that you schedule an appointment with your Plastic Surgeon for an exam, and to get clarification regarding this concern.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Breast implant swelling

+1

I recommend waiting 2-3 months for the swelling to resolve before making any judgements on your final look.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

Uniboob?

+1

I am assuming that you are worried that you have symmastia.  Without photos it is difficult to comment on this.

When Does Swelling Subside?

+1

Swelling varies from patient to patient. Without a photo, it is not possible to comment further. Please consider reposting your question with a photo. Best wishes.