When Starting a Second Course of Accutane, Does the Dose of the First Course Still Counts?

I am about to start a second course of accutane, in the past (first course, 4 years ago) I was on 30 mg per month for 6 months. I kept me clear for about 3,5 years. Now it came back (less severe) and am about to start a second course, however my dermatologist told me that 3/4 months of 30 mg should do it, he says the first course still counts. The first course I had 5400mg in total and this course then 3600mg, he comebines them which is 120 mg per kg (I weigh 72 Kilos). Was wondering if enough?

Second courses of Accutane

Well, the Accutane isn't in your system anymore, but what he means is that you don't need as high of a strength or as much medication since your acne isn't as bad as it was for the first round. Accutane courses depend on: weight, and location and severity of acne, so all things considered, you should be just fine to go with a lower dosage. Plus, you can always take it for longer if needed.