When Can I Start Taking Zumba Classes After Breast Reduction Surgery? Will the Skin Under my Breast Clear? (photo)

I am 3 months post op and want to start taking Zumba but don't know if its too soon. Also because of my large breast; the skin under them is much darker; will this clear now that I've had BS? Can I use a whitening cream on my stomach and under breast to even out the skin tones.

When Can I Start Taking Zumba Classes After Breast Reduction Surgery?

+1
Timing to return to specific types of exercise/activity will vary from one patient to another. Best to check with your plastic surgeon for specific advice. Remember, that he/she knows exactly what procedure was performed, how you are progressing, and is also responsible for your care.

Generally, I suggest patients gradually ease back into the strenuous aerobic exercise 4 to 6 weeks postoperatively, assuming that they are doing well and there have been no complications.  Teaching/supervising,  depending on how much upper extremity involvement there is can be resumed sooner. Lower body exercise can generally be resumed 2 weeks postoperatively.  Use common sense, listen to your body, and gradually resume previous activity.   Best wishes.

Can I Start Taking Zumba Classes After #BreastReduction Surgery?

+1

In general, at three months post-op you should be able to take Zumba classes.  That being said, with this and all other questions you'll have to talk to your PS about the specifics.  You should also be able to use a bleaching cream but that, too, may not be necessary (as it often settles down with time).  And should be cleared with your own PS.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Zumba after breast reduction

+1

By three months postop, you can certainly exercise unless there is an unusual complication.  At least part of the hyperpigmented area should have been removed during the surgery; you can treat the area with a bleaching cream but I would caution you to remain under the care of your plastic surgeon during the first year postop.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Zumba!

+1
At three months postop you have healed sufficiently to be able participate in Zumba without concern for your healing. The hyperpigmentation is difficult to see in your photos, but a bleaching cream may be beneficial. Discuss this matter with your surgeon.

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

#Breatreduction and exercise

+1

In general, I allow patients to exercise vigorously about 6-8 weeks after surgery provided that everything has healed well. It is always a good idea if you are not sure to ask your doctor.

Postop activity is dictated by your surgeon after breast reduction..

+1

I think your surgeon will be fine with resuming the dance lessons three months after breast reduction but it is for him to say.