When to Start Taking my Vitamins Again?

Hi, i just had a lower body lift... i had stopped taking my vitamins,and supplements which are: Omega 3, Multivitamin,cranberry,vitamin D3, B12, Vitamin C, something for joint pain.... i could call my Doctor and ask, but i want to know your recommendations too...Thank You

Vitamins after body lift

+2

I would begin taking a multivitamin the next day after a body lift.  Your vit D3 and B12 should also begin the next day.  I would not go back to the omegas or the fish oil; however, for 10 days as they can thin the blood and increase your risk for complications.

Lower Body Lift and Resuming Vitamins

+2

Resuming vitamins that you mentioned should be OK, except fish oil, which may increase bleeding risk.  Checking with your plastic surgeon is recommended as you mentioned.

When Should You Restart Supplements After a Body Lift ?

+2

I give my surgery patients a list of commonly used food supplements, herbal medications and over the counter drugs that can cause problems at the time of surgery. Restarting at two weeks is safe for most , but it is best to review them in context of each person's circumstances.  After a lower body lift, I advise use of iron, vitamin C, folate, and a multivitamin to stimulate the bone marrow produc tion of new red cells.  this helps to restore normal blood volume and contributes to early return opf energy.

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Vitamins after body lift

+1

Healthy lifestyle habits always aid in the healing process. But its always a great idea to ask your healthcare professional since they will know which supplements can work against your healing process. Omega 3s will thin your blood which will be counter productive to your healing. B12 and Vitamin C will be great. 

Mel T. Ortega, MD

You can start taking your vitamins again right away...

+1

Congratulations on having a lower body lift. Soon you will see the dramatic improvement in your body shape and ideally, one step closer to completing your weight loss journey. I would start your vitamins right away. There is nothing to prevent you from taking vitamins. Of the medications and vitamins you listed, you are allowed to take all of these after a lower body lift. Multivitamins, Vitamin C and zinc are essential for healing. Good luck on your weight loss journey. Again, congratulations on undergoing a 360 body lift. Sincerely, Dr. Katzen.

J. Timothy Katzen, MD, FACS

When to Start Taking my Vitamins Again?

+1

Most medicines that surgeons discourage before and immediately after surgery are those that interfere with normal blood clotting. On your list, the only one I recognize as a possible anticoagulant is the omega-3's. That you could start after 10-14 days, the others right away, but do check with your own surgeon for preferences. All the best.