When Will I Start Feeling Less Pressure on my Breasts? (photo)

I had my surgery 6 days ago i had 410cc on the left 420 on the right saline round, both of my breasts are really hard on the top and really soft on the bottom but my right one seems to be harder and i surely feel more pressure on that one too is this normal? Also is this weird shape normal? I have also exeprience low fevers 99 or less is that also ok? Please advise

Post Breast Aug

+2

You are experiencing what everyone does...tightness in the beginning. I presume the implants are under the muscle? Also, the implants being placed under the muscle means you need about 1-3 months to allow the muscle to stretch and the implants to drop. Your fever that early usually means you need to do deep breathing exercises. If you do not breathe deeply then the air sacs collapse in the lungs and it can stimulate a fever. Your surgeon should go over with you how to perform breast exercises which I normally do not do until about 10-14 days post op. He or she will help show you how to encourage the implants to drop.

What swelling is normal after breast augmentation

+2

Swelling and a weird shape are usually normal immediately after breast augmentation. Here are some normal things you may notice:

• Swelling in the pec muscle may make the upper part of your breasts bulge. This improves over the first 1-2 weeks.
  • The implants may sit high early after your procedure. This can cause the upper part of your breasts to feel firm and the lower parts to feel softer. The implants usually settle over the first 1-6 weeks.
  • Weird shape because of the above points.
  • Sensations of pressure. Many women say it feels like their milk is coming in. May be slightly worse on one side. Usually improves over first couple weeks. 
  • Mild asymmetry.One side may be a little more swollen and one implant may settle a little faster, but it usually evens out.

However, the bottom line is your plastic surgeon knows you better than anyone and is the best judge of what is normal for you. He or she is there to help you through the healing process. If you have any concerns, give them a call. 

Michael Vennemeyer, MD

Michael Vennemeyer, MD
Southlake Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation Post op Day 6

+2

You are very early out from surgery so the symptoms you are experiencing are normal within the recovery period.  The firmness you are feeling at the top of the breast is most likely a combination of the implant and swelling from surgery.  This should improve over the next couple of weeks.  Your implants are higher up on your chest, so over the next couple of months the implants will drop and fill out the inferior pole of your breasts for a more natural appearance.

Kindest regards,

Neil J. Zemmel

Neil J. Zemmel, MD, FACS
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Post op breast augmentation

+2

Your symptoms are very normal 6 days after surgery. I tell my patients around 40% of the swelling will resolve by 3-4 weeks. Another 40% will resolve by 3-4 months and the last 20% takes a little longer, around 6 months.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Concerns after Breast Augmentation?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Keep in mind, that your plastic surgeon will always be your best resource when it comes to gauging your progress in providing you with advice and/or reassurance. Having said that, much of what you are experiencing at this point in your recovery after breast augmentation surgery is quite commonly experienced. It is quite common to experience asymmetric pain, pressure, swelling etc. These symptoms should resolve gradually over the course of the next week or so.

The “weird shape” is also  commonly seen early after breast augmentation surgery;  the shape of the breasts change as the breast implants “settle” over the course of the first  several months after surgery.  Low-grade fevers should be reported to your plastic surgeon;  again, he/she will be your best resource throughout your recovery period.

Best wishes.  Hopefully you will be very pleased with the long-term outcome of your procedure.

When Will I Start Feeling Less Pressure on my Breasts?

+2

The tightness should gradually improve a little each day until it in no longer an issue.

The implants are high riding, which is quite common early after surgery. As the pectoral muscles relax, the implants will settle into place for the overwhelming majority of patients. The upper pole will empty out, the lower pole will fill. 

99 degrees is pretty close to normal. Report any fevers promptly to your surgeon. Report also any concerns such as this one that you have described in your question. Thanks and best wishes. 

Breast pressure after augmentation

+2

Thank you for providing the pictures to accompany your question. While there is no substitute for an examination, and it is impossible to give precise advice without an exam, I can offer you some thoughts.

You are very early in your recovery course. It is not uncommon for the implants to drift upwards in the immediate post operative period. This creates the shape that you now have, as well as the firmness at the top of your breasts, As the implants gradually descend and settle, they will fill the lower pole of your breasts. The firmness that you are filling will subside, and the shape will improve.

As for your temperature, it is common to have low grade elevations of your body temperature after any surgery. There is some inflammation that accompanies any surgery, and this can create a slight elevation in your body temperature.

If you have any ongoing concerns, you should contact your plastic surgeon to address them. I am sure that he would be happy to help explain the aspects of your recovery.

Hang in there.

Jeff Rockmore

Jeffrey Rockmore, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon