When Can I Start Easing into Chest Exercises?

I am 6 weeks post explant of 300cc silicone implants that were placed under the muscle. I only had my implants in for a short time before removing. Is it too early to start easing into building back some pectoral muscle?

Exercise after Breast Augmentation

+1

Most of my patients are comfortable to return to a desk job in a matter of days.   So if you have your procedure on a Thurs or Fri, you should be fine to go to class on Monday.   But no heavy lifting or strenuous activity for 3-4 weeks.  I will clear my patients to start exercise as tolerated or resume heavy lifting in 3-4 weeks after their surgery *gradually*   The key word here is gradually.  You should be cleared to resume your activities without restrictions 4 weeks after your procedure.  Many of my patients have your activity level and some are semi-pro athletes or fitness professionals.  All have been able to return to their baseline strength and activity level without difficulty.  Please talk to your PS about his/her specific recommendations.  Best wishes.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

Exercise after Breast Implant Removal

+1

After six weeks you should be able to get back into your exercise program without any problems. However you should ask your surgeon who knows you best. 

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

When Can I Start Easing into Chest Exercises after Breast Implant Removal?

+1

Your plastic surgeon will always be your best resource when it comes to returning to specific activities.  Having said that, most patients 6 weeks after removal of breast implants, are able to return to full activity without difficulty.

Post-op explantation

+1

You should address this question to your surgeon, as he knows what was done. Having said that, in my practice we would certainly let you start back to exercising by 6 weeks.

Gregory Sexton, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Exercise after explantation

+1

If you do not have implants in place then exercise should be fine.  If there are any questions then you should contact your plastic surgeon.  

Ok to start

+1

At four weeks, I have patients start easing back into lifting and chest exercises. Just make sure you ease back in and are not too aggressive on your first week back. 

Patrick Hsu, MD, FACS