When Do You Know What Size You Will Be Post Breast Reduction? (photo)

I was about a 36 G/H and had 762 grams removed from my right and 556 grams removed from the left. I am 3 weeks post-op and tried on a 36 DDD bra I wore before surgery and it still fits. I was aiming for a D cup. Will they shrink more? They look great, but still seem very large. I included a picture from before surgery, 2-days post op & 3 weeks post op.

Breast size alter breast reduction.

+2
The good news is that you have a symmetric result. The post operative breast size is usually determined before surgery as an understanding between patient and surgeon. There are however few factors that will prevent a plastic surgeon to make the breast small. The width of the breast is one of those factors. When the breasts are wide and touch in the midline, an adequate volume is needed to maintain an appropriate breast shape. When the breasts are very large before, the size of the pedicle needed to give adequate blood supply to the nipple is another factor. To make the breast small enough for certain tastes, one may need to do a free nipple graft. Your breast may loose five percent more volume in the future if you maintain the same weight, but if you loose weight you may reduce the size by ten to twenty percent depending on your weight loss.

Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction and Results of Surgery?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Congratulations on your successful breast reduction surgery; I think your plastic surgeon has done an excellent job for you. I suggest that you wait to evaluate the final result/size of the surgery  when you are about 6 months to a year out.

I would also suggest that you do not base your satisfaction with the results of surgery on a specific cup size,  given that this is somewhat arbitrary and dependent on who makes the bra.

Hopefully you will  enjoy the physical, functional, and psychological benefits of the  breast reduction procedure you have undergone.

Post op size

+1

Your surgeon has done an excellent job!  You are symmetric and proportionate.  It  is still much too early to judge the size.  You are still in the healing phase and there still is swelling present.  Give it some time, at least 6-8 weeks.  When you go bra shopping you may want to try 36s and 38s in a variety of cup sizes  and styles to see what looks and feels the best.  Enjoy your new figure!

Marialyn Sardo, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon