Second Opinion from Another Doctor for Breast Lift?

I went to a free seminar and saw the doctor for maybe 5 minutes and was told that I needed the lift that leaves the scars going down your breasts and that the cost would be almost double because of this procedure. I was devastated and am considering not having anything done at all now. Should I go to a couple of different doctors to see if they say the same thing? I would think the doctor I went to would probably be correct in advising what I need done and I don't want to just keep getting disappointed.

Consultation for your breast lift.

+1

A free opinion at a marketing seminar is no substitute for discussing mastopexy surgery and being examined by an experienced plastic surgeon.  5 minutes may be just enough time to read and fill in basic patient information forms at your scheduled breast lift consultation.

It is common for patients to visit more than one surgeon for consultations until they reach a level of comfort with their surgical (and, of course, non-surgical) options.

Take you time selecting a plastic surgeon you trust and procedure options you can live comfortably with.

Best Regards,

Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon

Appropriate consultations take time

+1

An appropriate consultation about something as delicate as changing breast shape or size take time, because it takes time to understand a woman's wishes, social and physical needs.

A complete consultation with a reputable board certified plastic surgeon is recommended, and it should be someone who can offer all available options in terms of breast lift.

Mario Diana, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Proper Consultations are Needed before making your decision

+1

5 minutes is generally insufficient to provide a proper consultation. Therefore, I would recommend consulting with 2 -3 surgeons who can do a proper physical examination and understand your lifestyle, lifestage, and objectives.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

More than one opinion?

+1

These days most patients get more than one opinion. Getting another opinion may confirm what you have already heard and therefore give you a better sense of security. A different opinion might give you oth options and things to think about that you might not have otherwise cconsidered. Good luck.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Free seminar and 5 minute consult

+1

Thank you for your question.  I would say that based on a five minute visit at a free seminar that you didn't have much of a consult at all.

I recommend that you make at least two appointments with board-certified plastic surgeons in your area to discuss your specific concerns and have all of your questions answered thoroughly. Then, you can hear what each recommends and make an informed decision about what is best for you.

I hope this helps. Best of Luck!

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Breast surgery

+1

Without a proper exam and a discussion of your goals and obtaining a medical history, it woiuld be very difficult to suggest what you would need.  Certainly go for a formal consultation with a surgeon to figure out your options.

Get Some Extra Opinions

+1

For a surgery such as this, two or three additional opinions are a great idea.
Go to several offices, get a feel for the staff, the doctor, and the hospital or surgicenter.
There are multiple ways to fix sagging breasts and the knowledge you learn will be worth the price of the consult. Don't just look for free consults.

Keith Denkler, MD
Marin Plastic Surgeon