When Will I See Results in my Inner Thighs? Four Weeks Out...

It's been four weeks now since I had lipo of the braline, abdomen, flanks and inner thighs. I don't really see much of a difference in inner thighs, but I think they are still pretty swollen, considering they feel like two hard rocks rubbing against each other when I walk. I heard that inner thighs take a long time to heal, but shouldn't I be seeing some difference in them by now? My thighs weren't huge, but they would rub together when I walked and I wanted to slim them down. No difference yet.

Inner thigh liposuction results

+2

Liposuction of the inner thighs may have modest results due to the fact that one cannot be too aggressive in this area without risking severe contour deformities.  I would counsel compression and waiting.  I wouldn't expect final results for another month.

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Still early in liposuction recovery

+1

In general you are 50% of the way there at 6 weeks and 80% at 3 months.    When large areas are treated with liposuction there is always some degree of fluid retention.   Liposuction is really more about how much fat is left behind and not how much fat is removed. You can remove all of the fat and it will not look very good.  

Patience

+1

The skin of the medial thighs is thin and has limited elasticity so they often become swollen after surgery and it takes up to a year to see your full results. By the 3 month mark most people have had adequate reduction of their swelling to see improvement but it may take 6 months if they are as firm as you describe. Don't be afraid to go back to your surgeon to ask how you are doing to make sure you are progressing appropriately, if you are concerned. However, most people take several of healing before the full results of their liposuction is revealed.

Shannon O'Brien, MD