When is It Safe to Start Physical Work After B.A. ?

I work at post office and my job involves moving boxes who can vary from 10lbs to 60 lbs and is in numbersmaybe ore or less of 1000 a day. My question : 6 weeks post B. A. Is it safe to return to regular job. Is only for 3 to 5 h a day.

6 Weeks After Breast Augmentation Is Physical Work Safe?

+1

Thank you for your question. It is very important that you follow the advice of the plastic surgeon who performed your breast augmentation so be sure to check with your surgeon and do not follow Internet advice.

Generally speaking following an uncomplicated breast augmentation with normal wound healing I allow my patients to resume vigorous physical activity at 3-4 weeks if such activity does not cause discomfort. However if there are any wound healing difficulties or vigorous activity causes discomfort vigorous physical activity or working should be delayed.

When Is It Safe To Resume Heavy Physical Activity After Breast Augmentation?

+1

Dear 2Cris,

In our practice we allow patients to resume light physical activity at 2 weeks and suggest that they slowly increase their activity level over the next 2-4 weeks. At 6 weeks you should be able to resume heavy lifting. The best answer to your question would be for you to ask your surgeon his or her opinion after they examine you. Good luck.

Douglas L. Gervais, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Physical Labor After Breast Augmentation

+1
Individual circumstances vary but the general rule of thumb is not physical activity for a minimum of two weeks after your surgery, and no heavy lifting for a minimum of four weeks after your procedure. While you may feel fine, participating in strenuous physical activity too soon can cause complications or slow your recovery. Check with your board-certified surgeon to ensure you are ready to resume your work. 

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Post breast augmentation surgery

+1

Hello.  It is safe to do some lifting at 6 weeks after breast augmentation surgery. However in your profession with boxes,  you should try to limit the very heavy lifting for another two to three weeks.  

Sanjay Lalla, MD, FACS
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

Full duty after BA

+1

Generally 6 wks is sufficient time to return to full lifting after a breast augmentation.  The breasts will continue to settle after this time and exercise/lifting won't affect them.

Robert Kratschmer, MD

When to return to lifting after BA

+1

Six weeks after your breast augmentation should be fine to return to heavy lifting. This is mostly for those women who have their implants placed beneath the muscle. Too much muscle early after surgery can push the implant out of position.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Breast augmentation and return to work

+1

Usually by 6-8 weeks after breast augmentation surgery, I allow patients to go back to strenuous physical activity. I would ask your surgeon.

+1

Recovery also depends upon the location of implant. if it is placed under the muscle the recovery can be longer. 4-6 weeks is a safe period to resume strenous work.

Sanjay Parashar, MD
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Returning to Physical Work after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Unless you are able to resume work with “modified duty”, you may have to postpone returning to your strenuous occupation anywhere from 4 to 6 weeks after surgery. Much of your return to work timing will depend on how well you do after surgery; every patients recovery differs.