When is It Safe to Sit for Long Periods of Time After Having a Fat Graft to the Buttocks?

I had a fat transfer to the buttocks, tomorrow will be 5 days ago. I am wondering when it will be safe for me to go back to work and sit in front of a computer screen for long periods of time.

Sitting after Brazilian Butt Lift

+1
The best person to ask about this is your surgeon, as every surgeon has their own advice. Generally, I recommend that patients don't sit for at least 2 weeks after surgery. Sitting for long periods of time during this stage of recovery will damage the fat that has been transferred to your buttocks, compromising results. If you have to sit, do so for very short period of times and alter your position so you don't put too much pressure in one area for too long. As you get back into it, you will have to sit for short periods of time at first, then increase the time as the days go on.

Sitting after a brazilian buttock lift (fat transfer)

+1

Most patients should wait about two weeks before sitting directly on the newly transferred buttock fat. You may need to modify your sitting with pillows and cushions while back at work. I recommend you ask your plastic surgeon for more specific recommendations regarding your case.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD