When is It Safe to Shower Apply Cosmetics and Do Physical Activities After Injection of Juvederm?

When can you take a shower and apply sunscreen or cosmetics to injection site of juvederm, In addition when is it safe to go to fitness center without issues of migration of product?

Activities after Juvederm injection

+1

Shortly after injection it is fine to apply cosmetics and shower.  Working out in the first few days after injection may lead to increased swelling.  Give it a week to be safe before returning to vigorous exercise.

Salt Lake City Oculoplastic Surgeon

Activities after fillers

+1

It is fine to shower and apply cosmetics after Juvaderm treatments.  You may also exercise,  just avoid any excessive pressure near the treatment sites.

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

Would limit some physical activity post-Juvederm

+1

As mentioned, showering and applying cosmetics is perfectly safe post-filler.  But, I would avoid any activities that would apply pressure to the injection site (ie, I would not wear tight goggles for swimming or skiing) and would also avoid aerobic exercises that increase blood pressure soon after injection as risk of bruising, bleeding, and swelling would be greater.   Also, if you play a woodwind or brass instrument, I would avoid doing so for a day or two if you are having filler done in the lips.  The filler is fairly mobile immediately post-treatment.   

Laurie Jacobson, MD
Seattle Dermatologist

Makeup after Juvederm

+1

as long as you are not excessively rubbing or massaging the areas (unless advised by your physican otherwise) u can do whatever you like. bruises usually take a few hrs to appear and that can be covered up with makeup.   

Misbah Khan, MD

Activity after fillers

+1

I allow my patients to apply make-up, shower and exercise after filler injections. There isn't usually a lot of swelling or bruising. If they have swelling or bruising they might want to take it a little easier for a day. For swelling, sleep with head up on pillows. 

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Showering, Applying Cosmetics, and Activities after Juvederm

+1

All of the above are fine right after Juvederm.  I probably wouldn't advise running a marathon after any procedure, but certainly routine physical activity is OK unless you have a tremendous amount of bruising and swelling.  If that is the case, please wait until your bruising/swelling subsides before working out.

Sheri G. Feldman, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologist

Juvederm injections and activities

+1

I don't have any concerns about any of what you've described even being done the same day as Juvederm. Many patients put makeup on in my office before they leave. My only rule is that people don't press on the area injected and manipulate the area. Other than that, live your life!

F. Victor Rueckl, MD