When is It Safe to Fly After TT? I Have an 18 Hour International Flight 6weeks After my Surgery,

Safe to fly after surgery

+2

Six weeks is an adequate amount of time to lower your risk of developing a blood clot.  With any 18 hour flight, it is prudent to take a baby aspirin, walk around during the flight as frequently as possible and keep well hydrated with non-alcoholic beverages.  Check with your surgeon to make sure there are no specific healing issues in your case.  Enjoy.

Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon

Flying 6 weeks post TT

+2

Hi. Thank you for your question. Generally speaking, you should have no problem travelling after 6 weeks post TT if your wounds have healed well. Just confirm with your plastic surgeon to make sure, since he has a better assessment of your current condition.

Flying at 6 weeks

+1

Thank you for your question, 6 weeks is a sufficient amount of time to travel after having a Tummy Tuck. I always advise my patients to walk around during their flight and keep hydrated . Please consult with your surgeon about your concern , he will best be able to answer your question.

Should be ok to fly at 6 weeks

+1

Thanks for your question. At 6 wks you should be ok to fly. Usually I recommend that you take as Aspirin a day and walk around frequently on the plane. Best of Luck!