Smart Lipo 5 weeks post-op - When will these "ropes" of hard tissue go away?

I had smart lipo done on Oct. 1, 2011 - 5 weeks ago. to my torso (upper/lower abs, love handles, back and hips)  First - my stomach looks like someone stuffed rocks under my skin on my stomach  and there are some areas on my abdomen that look like theres a rope under my skin.  Am I ever going to get my stomach to look normal?  I'm so frustrated.

Hard tissue after Smart Lipo

+1

If Smart Lipo is performed too aggressively, complications of uneven skin shrinkage can occur. Daily good massage and external ultrasound application 3 times /week can help smooth result.

Rocks under the skin after Smartlipo

+1

Hi there-

Unfortunately, the problem you are having sounds like lymphedema of the abdominal wall. It is common after Smartlipo and will rarely resolve to the patient's satisfaction.

You need to visit with your surgeon to review options.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Hard tissue after liposuction

+1

As the body heals after liposuction the fat and tissue underneath the skin can sometimes feel hard.  WIth time this does soften up.  You can speed up the process of this softening with some gentle massage to those hardened areas.  In addition, endermologie sessions with a trained professional can also speed up the process of recovery and allow the tissue to heal as even as possible. 

Bill Kortesis, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Hard

+1

There area number of reasons for the problems you are having. Most of the time all of the bumpls and ropes tend to fade but, over several months. Hang in there and follow up with your surgeon

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Smart lipo issue

+1

Without an exam it is difficult to say what is going on.  Someof these areas you are describing may be swelling, fluid, fat necrosis, or asymmetry of fat removal.