When Can I Resume Vigorous and Heavy Weight Lifting and Hour Long Cardio Sessions After Rhinoplasty?

I had cosmetic rhinoplasty, both cosmetic and functional my surgery included nasal valve reconstruction, turbinate reduction and Septoplasty last week. I know you can usually resume exercise after a month but with my particular surgery when I can resume INTENSE GYM work outs such as hour long cardio sessions and Heavy weightlifting??

Rigurous Exercise After Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear James,

Without physically examining you and knowing what was particularly done during your surgery, it is hard to narrow down the time when you can resume intense weight lifting.

Nonetheless, patients wait about a month to resume intensive athletic training.

The only concern at that time is the possible increased risk of hitting your nose with certain exercises that you may be performing as part of your workout. A nasal trauma will majorly affect your results.

Best of luck to you and thank you for your question.

Dr. Sajjadian

+1

We tell our patients two weeks for recovery from Rhinoplasty.  It does take up to six weeks for tissue to be as strong as it was before surgery.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS