When Can You Resume Fish Oil and Multi Vitimans After Surgery?

I had rhinoplasty 24 days ago and have been off fish oil and a multi vitamin for weeks before the surgery, and ever since the surgery. When can I resume my normal intake of fish oil (3g) and my multi vitamin? Thanks.

Wait 2 Weeks After Surgery For Fish Oil And Multivitamins

+2

Every surgeon follows a different protocol for this, but I usually feel it is better to wait about 2 weeks after surgery. But just clarify with your surgeon if you have any concerns.

When Can You Resume Fish Oil and Multi Vitimans After Surgery

+1

I usually allow patients to resume supplements about 1 and 1/2 to 2 weeks postop.  This gives time for the wounds to start to heal and metabolic wound mechanisms to begin their functions.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Resuming fish oil and vitamins after rhinoplasty should be okay.

+1

I'm not sure why you're taking fish oil and vitamins but I can't see how it would create any problems for you relative to rhinoplasty. Nevertheless, get approval from your surgeon.

+1

You should ask your Rhinoplasty Surgeon for his/her post Rhinoplasty instructions in this matter but we advise our Rhinoplasty patients to avoid these types of supplements for 1 month following their Rhinoplasty.

When to restart fish oil and vitamins after surgery

+1

This is a question that is best answered by your plastic surgeon but in general 10 -14 days is relatively standard.  

Resuming Fish oil and multivitamins after surgery

+1

You should check with your surgeon to get their approval first.  However, I usually have my patients resume their usual supplements 10 days after surgery.

Angela Sturm, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon