When Does Restylane Start to Work- When Will I See My Final Result?

i had my upper lip done yesterday, and my fork line above my nose, when do i start to see the difference, how long does it take to see final result

True Results of Restylane

+1

Restylane starts working immediately, so you should have noticed a result right after treatment.  However, you will not be able to see the final result until swelling subsides in approximately 1-2 weeks.  Treatment in the lips will last approximately 4-5 months, and above the nose 6-9 months?  If you are not happy with your result after 2 weeks, I would recommend scheduling an appointment with your doctor to discuss your concerns. I hope this helps!

Pittsburgh Facial Plastic Surgeon

Results with Restylane

+1

Typically results should be seen immediately after injections with Restylane. After 2 weeks all the potential swelling and or bruising should be gone, with the end results. I would give it at least a week until you judge the results. There are several possibilities if the results still don't show in a couple weeks; 1) some individuals require more filler (Restylane) in order for results to really show, in that case you may need 1 or 2 more syringes. 2) your body may absorb hylauronic acids faster than others, in that case there is a filler called Sculptra that is more synthetic and a good choice for individuals who don't see results with hylauronic acid fillers.

If the results do not show up and you would like more volume or a longer lasting volume a great alternative for you would be the YoungVolumizer

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restylane works immediately with final results in two weeks

+1

Restylane will typically take effect immediately.  However the side effects which include bruising, redness and swelling can take up to two weeks to reside.  So, it's best to gauge your results at two weeks. I like using Restylane for fine lines, but when your target or goal is volume restoration and lifting, I recommend Perlane or other products such as Radiesse.

Timothy Jochen, MD
Palm Springs Dermatologic Surgeon

Restylane effects

+1
Restylane should achieve an immediate improvement with continuation for two weeks for ultimate absorption and effect.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Final results for Restylane treatment

+1

Dermal fillers work immediatley in that the patient will see improvement following the treatment.  However, the final outcome is realized generally at the two week mark after any potential swelling/bruising has resolved.  Also, the smooth gel fillers work by attracting volume to the area injected (hydrophilic) which reaches its full potential at the two week mark as well.  Therefore, it's wise to not over-correct without taking these concepts into consideration.

We invite all of our injection patients to return in two weeks for a complementary check up to make certain our shared treatment goals were reached.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

+1

Restylane is a hyaluronic acid filler that works by adding volume beneath the skin surface. Treatment effects should be visible immediately. Following Restylane administration, some degree of swelling at the treatment site may develop and persist for several days. As the swelling resolves, the final result becomes apparent. Good luck. 

James M. Pearson, MD

Restylane - When Does Restylane Start to Work- When Will I See My Final Result?

+1

You should see at least some difference right away, but it will take at least a few days to see the final result.

With any injection, there may be some swelling and, later, some bruising, so that some of what you see is from that (it's different with Dysport or Botox, which take 2-5 days to take an effect).  Once the initial swelling has gone down, you should have your result.  That result will then last from about 6-9 months, depending on how much was injected, how much of the result you're comfortable with, and so on.

Radiesse differs from this process; in this case, the filler stimulates some collagen growth so that you can see improved results over several weeks to months, at which time it stabilizes.

Also of note is that, in my experience, fillers such as Restylane last less long in areas of animation (such as in and around the lips) than for areas that undergo less animation (such as the nasolabial folds).

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Restylane and expectations

+1

Restylane is a facial filler that once injected should give you a result.  If you feel that you did not get enough of a result, then you probably need more injected.

How long does it take to see the effect of Restylane

+1

The effect of fillers such as Restylane and Juvederm will be seen immediately.  The literally will fill the depression or add volume as they are injected.  The final result however will not be immediately apparent as there frequently is some swelling which will mostly settle down in most cases over the period of the next several days. 

Ted Brezel, MD
Long Island Dermatologist

When does Restylane start working?

+1
Restylane literally fills and elevates a depression as it is injected. The effect is immediate. I routinely give my patients a mirror and have them check the area as I inject it with either Restylane or Juvederm. This way my patients supervise their progress and even guide me as to where I should add more product. I cannot explain why you are not seeing a difference in your appearance. If your injector (hopefully doctor) took Before pictures, you may want to look at them for comparison. A lot of people rapidly forget what they looked like before a procedure.