Is Restylane the Best Wrinkle Treatment?

restylane advertising caught my attention at my derms office. is restylane best for only specific problems like small lips or mild wrinkles?

Restylane is an effective wrinkle treatment

+2

Restylane is a very popular and effective hyaluronic acid-base dermal filler. It has been used widely throughout the face for the correction of deep lines and wrinkles. Keep in mind that patients today have many different options in terms of dermal fillers and wrinkle treatments. The best treatment for you wrinkle depends on your preferences, how long you would like the treatments last, and the characteristics of your wrinkle. Typically, we recommend Botox for wrinkles in the upper part of the face. The dermal fillers are excellent for the wrinkles and lines in the lower part of your face. For some areas that are very thin such as the lips, and the area under the eyes, we often recommend a smooth dermal filler such as Juvederm. Many patients may benefit from another dermal filler called Radiesse for deep wrinkles or lines in the face.

The best wrinkle treatment

+2

The reality is that the "best" treatment for wrinkles for one person may not be the "best" treatment for another person. Several factors must be considered when assessing an individual and deciding what is the "best" treatment for that person. These factors include location, cost and desired outcome. Certainly, from my perspective, Restylane is a great injectable. This is because usually we get exactly the result we are expecting.

The satisfaction rate is extremely high and most people choose to do it again. However, other fillers may have properties that in certain circumstances make them a viable option and it appears that new filler and filler properties are changing so rapidly that patients and practitioners have many choices. At the end of the day, it should be what each practitioner is most comfortable using since most give basically the same result with only slight differences in duration (other than the permanent fillers-which I dont use).

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Restylane is injected in small amounts underneath the...

+2

Restylane is injected in small amounts underneath the skin with a small needle to fill in creases, lines, wrinkles and folds. It is excellent for under the eyes to reduce puffiness and dark circles. It is also fabulous in the lips, nasolabial fold and marionette lines. To maximize comfort, an anesthetic block may be administered. I feel it is very important to reduce or eliminate any discomfort during Restylane treatments.

Robert F. Gray, MD, FACS

Robert F. Gray, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

RR Retinoid Repair Cream and Restylane for wrinkles in Los Angeles

+1

Restylane can help wrinkles. Our office begins with RR Retinoid Repair Cream and laser skin resurfacing or chemical peels.

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Fillers for Wrinkles

+1

Lines in the upper lip are often bothersome.  These unwanted lines can be filled by using a small amount of Restalyne or Juvaderm.  Often these lines cannot be fully corrected as too much Restylane can make someone look fake.  We, therefore, recommend considering injection of Restylane or Juvaderm combined with Laser Treatment. 

Jonathan Crane, DO
Wilmington Dermatologist

Restylane

+1

Resylane is a flexible hyaluronic acid dermal filler that can be used to correct deep lines and wrinkles throughout the face.  Restylane is an excellent filler, and is especially good for lips which it has received FDA approval. However, there are a number of quality fillers available so the appropriate choice will be based on the area to be corrected, the amount of correction needed, and the comfort level of the injector with the dermal filler. Consult with 3 - 4 experienced and expert injectors to explore your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Best Wrinkle Treatments!

+1

TCA chemical peels (medium peel $750-1500) do the most for wrinkles of any modality but usually wrinkles need a combination of treatments such as filler like restylane, juvederm or radiesse($550-650/syringe). Lasers are helpful but not as cost effective as TCA peels.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Restylane and wrinkles

+1

Restylane is one of several fillers approved by the FDA for improvement of appearance.  I think of lines on the face as those lines created by muscle movement (like the Crow's feet around the eyes) and those created by the effects of gravity on the soft tissues (like the nasolabial fold which runs from the corner of the nose to the corner of the mouth). Restylane and other soft tissue fillers are good for correcting grooves that result from gravity or loss of fullness, whereas Botox and Dysport are better products for correcting lines that result from animation, in my opinion. If lines from movement (animation) are especially deeply etched, then a combination of Botox and fillers may be required for optimal correction. Restylane, Perlane, Juvederm, Sculptra and your own fat are all options that can be considered, depending on the location of the issue. Visit a board-certified plastic surgeon to discuss the options in person.

Tim A. Sayed, MD, FACS
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Restylane injections are great on wrinkles.

+1

Restylane is made from a natural substance, and its yielding but firm consistency helps give you a very natural look. It can be used to smooth wrinkles and restore youthful plumpness throughout your face, reduce the appearance of acne scars, and works particularly well in the lips and around the mouth and nose.

Restylane is a great treatment for indentations and shadowing

+1

Restylane is one of the dermal-fillers used to treat mild to moderate wrinkles to restore volume, smooth wrinkles, and revive youthful contours.  The fillers differ in viscosity and different injectors have different preferences. 

Fillers work by filling up and area under the skin.  This can mean removing shadows under the eyes or augmention the cheek bones.

I like to use Restylane under the eyes, in the cheeks, and lips.  It is a soft material and tends to have cosmetic benefits lasting 3 to 6 months depending on the area treated.

Best wishes on your treatment!

David Mabrie, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon