When to Remove Scar Surgically on 7 Year Old Child, Wound 2 Month Old? (Photos)
- Asked by zasarwar in 60193
- 2 years ago
When to remove scar surgically on 7 year old child, wound 2 month old due to fall and impact of floor.Deep y shaped wound on fore head healed leaving a triangular scar, currently using contractubex.What are different option to remove the scar and when?
Early treatment for child with forehead scar
- First off, so sorry that your 7 year old had this accident. Treatment at this time should focus on:
- No sun exposure ( recommend hats, daily suncreen, and reapplication of sunscreen even if it is cloudy.)
- Gentle massage with lotion of your choice
- Have Patience. In the next 6-12 months, the scar will contract and become better no matter what you do.
- Consider reviewing the scar therapy treatments (silicone sheets/gels, paper tape, etc), but there is not evidence that one is better than another.
- At about a year after the injury, the wide scar can be removed wtih a scar revision technique (w plasty) that will make a big improvement.
- After maturity, resurfacing of the skin or Laser treatment can then be considered.
Recent Scars Treatment Reviews
Scars Treatment Photos
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.