When Will Red Marks from Nodular Acne Heal?

I've been on accutane for like 2 mouths , and at first my face just exploded in nodules/cystis , but now they are 90% GONE !! But the very bad part is that they left a lot of red marks.. and it looks just like acne in the mirror , but if i thouch it , it feels smooth, though there is still a nodule in my skin but it feels smooth and nice .. When will they fade?And what can I do to speed up the procces , pls!

+1

Thank you for your question. After nodular or cystic acne it is very common for them to leave scars behind. The best thing you can do is to protect your face with sunscreen of SPF 30 with zinc oxide so that the scars do not get any darker. Once you are done with your Accutane treatment you can ask your board certified dermatologist about improving scars which can include peels, bleaching creams or lasers. These procedures should not be done until 6 months after your completion of Accutane. Be certain to be under the supervision of a board certified dermatologist with expertise in acne for the most effective and safe treatment options. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Red marks from nodular acne

+1

This is PIH - post inflammatory hyperpigmentation - and it takes awhile to resolve. It will go away on its own for the most part, but there are some products that can help it move along faster. SkinCeuticals Blemish & Age is particularly good but make sure you buy it either directly from their website, or from an affiliated medical office. There are a lot of fake products out there!

F. Victor Rueckl, MD