What Can You Do When You Are Post-op Chin, Neck, and Jowl Liposuction and One Side of Your Face is Disproportionate? (photo)

I had chin, neck, and jowl liposuction 7 wks ago. Right side of my face appears disproportionate. There is a long indention, dimples, & grooves along the jawline, that looks like scarring or lipotrop. I also have less elasticity in my neck. I saw my BC cosmetic surgeon 2 wks ago who told me that there was still some swelling and to come back in 2 mths. I know it takes time to heal, but this just doesn't look right. I also have what appears to be bruising (discoloration) along the jawline. Comment.

Contour Irregularities Following Liposuction Frequently Improve With Conservative Therapy

+1

Contour irregularities may occur following liposuction and are more common after liposuction in areas where the skin is thin such as the face and neck. Areas with laxity of the skin are also more prone to develop irregularities due to the loss of elasticity and inability to “bounce back”.

Skin irregularities may be temporary or permanent. In the weeks following liposuction of the neck, postoperative swelling, poorly fitting compressive garments or dressings, blood collections (hematomas), or fluid collections (seromas) may cause irregularities. I initially recommend conservative treatment, consisting of message, compression, and warm compresses. Ultrasound therapy or micro Kenalog treatment may be required. Improvement should occur within 2 to 3 months.

Liposuction which has not been performed uniformly my result in irregularities due to areas of over or under treatment. If conservative treatment does not correct the irregularity. Surgical correction may be necessary. Revision of the liposuction or fat injection may be required. I generally recommend waiting at least 6 months prior to performing a second procedure.

Close follow-up with your Plastic Surgeon is essential for a successful outcome. Best regards,

Andrew Lyos MD, FACS

Houston Texas

Web reference: http://www.lyosmd.com/houston-photo-gallery/neck-contouring

What Can You Do When You Are Post-op Chin, Neck, and Jowl Liposuction and One Side of Your Face is Disproportionate?

+1

Appears as a post operative complication of uneven liposuction that makes me wonder if you were really a good candidate. Allow more healing time is correct but you may need a filler or fat grafts to indented areas. Sorry. 

Wait

+1

7 weeks is a little early to make any final decisions on your results. Right now it does appear to be an irregularity from the liposuction but I would recommend waiting 1 more month before deciding to have an additional procedure. It would be beneficial for you to continue to wear your compression garment to help the swelling to subside faster.

Web reference: http://www.lookyounger.net