When Will Positive Results Will Be Visible After First Fraxel for Acne Scars?

When positive results will be visible after first fraxel for acne scars. I have taken my first sitting on 4th August 2012. Please suggest which face wash should i use?

Fraxel laser smooths acne scars

There are several types of Fraxel laser.  Assuming you had an ablative treatment like Fraxel Repair, you should see some improvement after the basic healing is complete in 2-3 weeks.  Healing and remodeling continues under the skin for several months providing further smoothing and tightening of the skin.  Typically, my patients and I will look at the result after 6th months and decide if a second treatment should be done, which is common for acne scars and somewhat less so for wrinkle treatments. 

568 Park Ave
New York, NY 10065

Results after Fraxel

The results of a Fraxel treatment are both immediate and progressive. Soon after the treatment, the surface of your skin will feel softer, look brighter and show more even tone. The next 3 to 6 months will bring more improvement as the deeper layers of the skin continue to heal.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

5410 N. Scottsdale Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85253