When Getting Otoplasty is It Possible to Choose How Far the Ears Are Pinned Back? I Only Want my Ears Put Back a Little Thanks

When Getting Otoplasty is It Possible to Choose How Far the Ears Are Pinned Back? I Only Want my Ears Put Back a Little

+1

Yes, I do this all the time and allow the patient to look at the ears before I finish the surgery so that it is as he or she would like.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of facial and ear correction surgeries each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results. Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Otoplasty for only minimal results

+1

The degree of setback is variable when the surgery is performed, so make sure you talk to your surgeon about your concerns. Understand that there is some flexibility with the healing process.

Ears pinned back

+1

You can have your ears pinned back as far as u want. Tell your surgeon so he knows this. 

Is it possible to choose how far back ears are pinned during otoplasty?

+1

It is definitely possible to choose how far back your ears are pinned during otoplasty.  You should discuss your wishes with your surgeon and he or she should be able to accommodate you as much as possible.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon