When can I get nose job done?

Hi! I am a 15 year old girl, and would like to get a nose job. I want to know what age is the best for me to do it in? What age does does my facial features stop growing? I heard that it's best to do a nose job when your facial features completely stop growing. So what are the things i need to make sure had stop growing before doing a nose job? Please be as specific as possible, and thank you!

Wait until facial growth complete before having rhinoplasty

+1

Thank you for your question. You sound well-informed and understand that your facial growth should be complete before rhinoplasty. In most individuals including females facial growth continues until around 18 years of age.

When can I get nose job done?

+1

If you have completed growth, then you may have rhinoplasty. In women, 15 may be appropriate.

When can I have a nose job?

+1

In general, the minimum recommended age to have rhinoplasty performed is 15 years of age for girls. I would recommend a consult with a board certified rhinoplasty specialist. He/she will be able to assess your nose in person and provide you with advice during a consultation. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

When can a nose job be done/

+1

In my experience most 15 year old females are physically mature enough to have a rhinoplasty. Their faces are basically fully developed except for fat distribution which will change a bit over the next 10 years. The bony structure and the septum are developed. More important is how mature an individual is at 15 years old and does she really need and understand all that's involved with a nose job. When I do a rhinoplasty on a child of this age it is only after significant counciling and discussion with both of the parents and the child. Everyone needs to be on the same page and fully understand the risks involved and the expected and desired results. A fully grown 15 year old girl who is emotionally mature and has her parents permission and help with the healing is a good candidate for a rhinoplasty if her nose needs correcting.

Richard Galitz, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty in teenager

+1

Every case is different. Patient needs to be mature physically to ensure that growth has completed and mature mentally to undergo surgery. Most females have finished facial growth by 15. Many rhinoplasties are done in teenagers. Donald R. Nunn MD Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Best age for rhinoplasty

+1

Your facial skeleton will continue to change as you age, with most stability between about 18 and 40. Most rhinoplasty surgeons in the modern era would want to wait until you are 18 (if for no other reason than to have you sign your own consent). Also, 18 is usually the age of high school graduation; many people wait to make a change right before going off to college.

It is safe to have a rhinoplasty when you stop growing, but waiting for a natural break in life's rhythm (high school-college transition) is not a bad idea.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

Age for nose surgery

+1

Booa43, As a rule girls need to be a minimum age of 15 and boys a minimum age of 17 before I'll consider a rhinoplasty. To be completely sure I ask their pediatrician to order a xray of one of their long bones to look to see if the epiphyseal plates have fused which indicates there will be no further growth. Remember to visit with a specialist and see at least 3 physicians. Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Age for rhinoplasty

+1

The maturity of the patient is probably the most important factor. However, to be specific, with girls, I usually wait about 1 year after the start of the menstrual period. Waiting until you have not changed shoe size for 1 year is also a good rule of thumb. For girls this is usually about 15 or 16 years old. Good luck!

Matthew Bridges, MD
Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for a 15-year-old girl.

+1

A rhinoplasty can be done for a 15-year-old girl since the face is done growing in girls as young as 13 to 14 years of age. See you very experienced surgeon for the best results. Good luck with your new nose.

Appropriate age for nose surgery

+1

Rhinoplasty should generally wait until the nose and face have stopped growing. Girls reach this point sooner than boys, although it can be hard to pinpoint and depends on the surgeons judgment after interviewing the patient. A rough guideline is no change in shoe size for over one year, but this by itself is not sufficient. The patient must also be psychologically mature enough to handle surgery and the recovery.

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon