When my Dr. Injected Artefill After Removing the Needle He Applied a Huge Amount of Pressure to the Area. Was That Necessary?

Face

Using Pressure with Artefill

+1

Thank you for your question. As a provider when doing fillers, I also recommend massaging the area to smooth out any lumps or bumps. It is important to do this especially with Artefill. I would also recommend being treated by a Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon for the safest and best treatment options. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Pressure applied after Artefill injection

+1

Pressure may be applied by some physicians after Artefill injection for two possible reasons.  One purpose for applying pressure would be to stop any bleeding from the injection point.  The other reason would be to possibly even out the material injected.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon