When Are my Breast Implants Going to Drop and Even Up?

before 34a and even. Now 34d and I know one breast will drop before the other usually. had them done 1/27/12. My right breast is higher and my nipple is lower than the other. My left breast looks like its dropped completely. I do massaging and pressing on the top part of my breasts but it doesn't seem to help and neither does the band.and I'm concerned that its not gonna drop. I've seen all the pictures that my PS has taken and nothing! What should I do, are they going to even out? Please help!

+2
Thank you for your question .
It is too early to give you an exact answer please wait at least 2-3 months to give time to your implants to come down and settle. And like other surgeon said The larger the implants, the longer it will take for them to drop. And usually one side will drop faster than the other. Congratulations on your new procedure.

Thank you for your question . 

Three to four months

+1
Your implants will drop after about three to four months, but it could take a little longer.   

As your body accommodates to your new implants, you’ll notice that your breasts will gradually look more and more natural – the way you hoped they’d be! Your body creates new skin to accommodate the additional volume of your implants. This natural process is called “tissue expansion”.

Tissue expansion allows for the implants to settle more into a better position with the help of gravity. A gradual redistribution of volume from the upper to the lower breast occurs, resulting in an enlargement and rounding out of the lower breast.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Breast implant drop

+1

When breast implants are placed under the muscle, the implants tend to sit high on the chest wall.  It takes at least 1-2 months for them to drop, in some women, it may take 3-6 months to see the final implant position.

Dennis Dass, MD

Breast implants take at least 3-6 months to "drop"

+1

Great question!  You're not alone ... I hear this question at least once a day in my office.  It can take at least 3-6 months for your implants to drop.  The larger the implants, the longer it will take for them to drop. And usually one side will drop faster than the other.

I advise my patients to wear the strap across the top of their breasts for one week. Then, they begin massaging.  In most situations, they will be settled by 6 months, but many patients notice they continue to settle for up to a year.  

I know it's not easy, but hang in there and try to be patient.  And of course, keep all your appointments with your plastic surgeon and discuss your concerns with him/her.

I hope that helps and wish you all the best!

James Knoetgen, III, MD
Fresno Plastic Surgeon

When will Breast Implants "drop"?

+1

The implants will drop into the pocket that was created during surgery and massaging the implants downward will assist in the dropping of the implants after surgery (for those patients who want to help with the settling of the implants).   Normally, it takes about 3-6 months (for some patients longer) to see the final result. It is very common for one side to settle faster than the other.

Be patient and do the downward exercises.

When will implants "drop"

+1

It is very common when implants are placed under the muscle for them to appear "high".  This is due to the muscle being stretched and needing time to relax into its new position with the implant under it.  This occurs gradually, but many patients notice that the implant has dropped and the muscle has relaxed by approximately 3 months.  It is not uncommon for one breast to heal more quickly than the other.  Good luck.

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

Are my Breast Implants Going to Drop

+1

Most implants that are placed under the muscle look high early on, and almost all of them "drop" usually by two to three months after the surgery. Until the muscle relaxes, it pushes on the implant, and makes the silicone (or saline) bulge out in the upper part of the breast.

Almost all of these look properly positioned with time. Best wishes.

Post-op breast augmentation

+1

Each breast will respond to the implants a bit differently.  One will drop sooner than the other, give it time. It can take a few months.

Breast implants will drop and even up in 6-8 weeks

+1

My experience suggests that it takes almost 2 months for the implants to settle, although it could be sooner for some.  Please contact a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your specific situation

James E. Chappell, MD