When You Move a Certain Way, Can Butt Implants Be Noticeable or Do They Always Look Real?

I want to know if someone looking at your butt will be able to tell that you have butt implants.

Are Buttock Implants Noticeable

+1

There are only two safe and effective options for Buttock Augmentation - 1) Buttock Implants and 2) Autologous (using your own) Fat Transfer.  Both are very good options so what it comes down to, like any surgery, is proper patient selection.  Indeed because at least 50+ % of the fat transferred will melt away within a year, most patients are not good candidates because they lack an adequate amount of fat to harvest.  Thus buttock implants become a very good, safe, and long term reliable option for most patients seeking buttock augmentation (at least in my practice).  The implant should always be placed under or within the gluteus maximus muscle.  In this position, the implant is less palpable, less or not visible, and does not sag over time unlike implants placed on top of the muscle.  Therefore it is extremely important to seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in this procedure.  Best of luck...RAS

Buttock Implants

+1

Since buttock implants are semi-solid silicone implant devices they will have the potential for palpable protrusion, visibility, infection, malposition, etc.   Fat grafting which uses the patients own fat is another option for buttock augmentation.  

Craig Mezrow, MS, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon