What Can I Expect To Pay For Follow-up Doctor Visits?

I Know when You Have a Mommy Makeover You Have to Go Back to See Your Doc. a Few Times So my Question is How Much Are the Update Visits?

PostOperative Care Is Usually A Part Of Original Fee Quote

+1

The vast majority of plastic surgeons consider post-operative care to be part of their original fee quote. This policy ensures that patients have access to their plastic surgeon in the post-operative period. The quality of care is improved when patients aren’t trying to save money on post-operative visits. 

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Post Op Visits - What Do They Cost?

+1

Thank you for this great question, and I see that many of the best plastic surgeons from around the country have already told you that most Board Certified plastic surgeons are happy to do post op visits forever with reference to the areas that they have operated on. 

At the Mommy Makeover Institute of Hawaii, I will see you 5, 10 or even 20 years after a procedure at no cost with reference to the area that I have operated on.  It helps me to have a longitudinal look at how my cosmetic surgery operations do over time.  I think of it as a gift when you come in long after I have done a surgery on you.  If things look great, I am thrilled, and if there are some questions about certain areas that have been operated on, it is my pleasure to answer those questions at no cost.

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Follow-up Doctor Visits

+1

For most board certified plastic surgeons, postoperative care is included in the surgery fee. To ensure, check with your surgeon regarding his/her policy.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Follow-up expenses after cosmetic surgery

+1

Generally, surgical procedures have a global follow-up period (90 days) in which all of the aftercare is covered in the original surgical fee. With cosmetic surgery, there is no 'rule' about costs of follow-up care, but in general, the trend is that postoperative office visits are included in the cost of your cosmetic procedure. Some practices may limit this to a specific time period, for example, one year after your date of surgery. Others might offer more lenient post operative follow-up care. It would be prudent for you to establish the policy at the plastic surgery office that you will be having surgery with so that you can be prepared if there are indeed some costs for aftercare.

Antonio Gayoso, MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Cost of follow up visits

+1

For the vast majority of surgeons, follow-up visits are included in the cost of your orignal "Mommy Makeover" surgery.  In other words, once you have paid for your surgery, you likely will not have to pay any additional money for your follow up care.  I would check with your plastic surgeon's finanancial policies regarding their specific policy.  Good luck!

Anureet K. Bajaj, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Are Follow Up Visits Included with the Surgery Price or do I pay?

+1

It's a good question, and the answer varies. In our office, Cosmetic Plastic Surgical follow up is included in the price of the surgery and we recommend that you see us for at least a year afterwards, though the offer is good for as long as you want to come in. This practice varies and other doctors will limit the follow-up period to 3-6 months. We love to see our patients following surgery. It let's us know valuable information as to the long term results as the procedure, plus fun to see our patients and catch up with them.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

All follow-up visits for life are included in the cost of your surgery.

+1

Different practices have different policies but at Squires Plastic Surgery, all of your pre-and postop visits for life are included in the cost of your surgery.

John Squires, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

How Much Do Post Op Visits Cost?

+1

Dear Orlando4920,   Most practices include ALL post-operative visits in their fees that you pay before surgery. Best wishes.

Douglas L. Gervais, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Follow up visits are typically included in the costs of your aesthetic surgery

+1

Hi there-

In my practice, any and all follow up visits are included in the fees paid for your procedure. I believe this is the norm.

Good luck!

Armando Soto, MD, FACS