When Can I Live Like a Normal Person After BBL?

Hello, I am scheduled for a BBL on May 22. I have a work conference in San DIego on July 26th. At that point, will I be able to sit without worrying about it? WIll it be safe to sit for a 5 hour flight? WIll I need to wear my compression garments? At what point do you usually live as you did prior to BBL, without worrying about how long you're sitting, etc? Thank you!

Recovery time following Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Most important is to follow your surgeon's advise. He/She has specific reasons for their recommendations and the recovery time varies from patient to patient. For most patients you will be allowed to take a plane ride though I would encourage you to get up and walk/stretch every hour or so if possible. In general this is what I recommend to my patients - wear their garments for a minimum of 3 weeks full time then for 12 hrs (day or night). if not a lot of redundant skin following liposuction to a maximum of 6 weeks. To be effective the garment needs to fit snug but not too tight as to cause pressure problems (inspect your skin if discomfort and when skin is exposed), or prevent you from sleeping. As the edema resolves it is common for patients to switch to a smaller garment that fits - A Spanx type garment would work rather than ordering one or paying more at your doctor;'s office.
Following Liposuction and Fat transfer procedures used in the Brazilian butt lift,  the compression garments are required for three main reasons:
It restricts the amount of edema that forms and hastens its resolution by mechanical pressure
It decreases the amount of bruising
It assists the loose skin in retracting or shrinking in the liposuction areas
The length of time that the garment is worn varies dependent on the amount of fat removed, the elastic nature of your skin, how much loose skin remains at the liposuction site or how much swelling from edema in the buttocks you have and other factors. Your surgeon would give you the best advice. However in general this is the routine for my patients.
The first garment should be fitted for you in the office prior to surgery and applied in the operating room. Often it will become loose as the edema is mobilized and then it will need to be replaced. Spanx is a reasonable compression garment if it gives enough support and is the right size. I have my patents bring them in and confirm that it fits well.
Most important advice is to listen to your surgeon's advice as he best knows how much fat was removed in the donor sites and transferred into the buttocks, and other factors mentioned above

Brazilian buttock lift recovery

+1

Patients can sit several weeks after a brazilian buttock lift ; the longer you can avoid or minimize sitting, the better your outcome as more fat cells will survive. You should get up several times on a long flight to minimize your risk of DVT (deep vein thrombosis) after a surgical procedure. The garments are typically worn for about four to six weeks. It will take a few months before you will feel back to normal after this procedure. Please discuss these issues in detail with your plastic surgeon prior to surgery. Best wishes,  Dr.William Bruno

William Bruno, MD