When Can You Lie or Sit on Your Butt After a BBL?

+2

Thank you for your question, in our practice we recommend our patients to avoid sitting on their buttocks for at least two to three weeks, for the fat cells to have time to grasp and maximize our patients results.

+2

You should ask your surgeon, but I have a protocol for limited sitting for the first six weeks.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Sitting after a BBL

+1

There are very specific instructions about sitting and sleeping after a Brazilian Butt Lift. Those of us who specialize in BBLs have worked out very specific protocols designed to maximize your results. You should speak to your surgeon about this. I am sure you have regularly scheduled post-op visits, so you can ask him/her at that point. If you do not have an appointment coming up, give your surgeon a call.  Part of what you paid for should be unlimited post-operative care and support.

Matthew Schulman, MD

No sitting for at least 3 weeks after a BBL

+1

Thanks for your question. I recommend no sitting for 3 weeks after a BBL or gluteal implants.  When lying down, stay on your sides.  If sitting is unavoidable such as when you are traveling in a car, try to use a horse-shoe shaped pillow or a boppy pillow so there is no pressure on the center.

Melinda Lirag Lacerna-Kimbrell, MD, FACS
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon