When Can You Lie or Sit on Your Butt After a BBL?

+2

Thank you for your question, in our practice we recommend our patients to avoid sitting on their buttocks for at least two to three weeks, for the fat cells to have time to grasp and maximize our patients results.

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

+2

You should ask your surgeon, but I have a protocol for limited sitting for the first six weeks.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Brazillian butt lift and sitting

+1

Your question can only be answered if one knows where the fat was placed, and how. For example I ask my patients to place the palm of their hands on the area they want enhanced. Some place it at the top indicating the desire for a Jennifer Lopez like bubble butt, others place it at the bottom wanting a low Kim Kardashian type of butt. Some even think that the butt includes the hip areas. Every patient is treated differently, and so the post op instructions will vary. For example a patient who wants a bubble butt can often safely sit forward in a few days, while a Kardashian style butt cant be sitting for a few weeks. Consult your board certified plastic surgeon and ask him or her what is the recommended time that you wait until you can sit. If the surgeon has done a ton of Brazilian butt lifts, she or he will tell you exactly what you need to know. And, the best of luck with your recovery.

Ayman Hakki, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Sitting after a BBL

+1

There are very specific instructions about sitting and sleeping after a Brazilian Butt Lift. Those of us who specialize in BBLs have worked out very specific protocols designed to maximize your results. You should speak to your surgeon about this. I am sure you have regularly scheduled post-op visits, so you can ask him/her at that point. If you do not have an appointment coming up, give your surgeon a call.  Part of what you paid for should be unlimited post-operative care and support.

Matthew Schulman, MD

No sitting for at least 3 weeks after a BBL

+1

Thanks for your question. I recommend no sitting for 3 weeks after a BBL or gluteal implants.  When lying down, stay on your sides.  If sitting is unavoidable such as when you are traveling in a car, try to use a horse-shoe shaped pillow or a boppy pillow so there is no pressure on the center.

Melinda Lirag Lacerna-Kimbrell, MD, FACS
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon