When can laser be used for upper bleph cosmetic surgery scars? What type of laser is best?

I am 3 weeks post op with visible scars that extend to my eyebrow. I want to know when I can begin laser treatments. What type of laser and how many treatments approximately? And, the time of each laser treatment? Can laser be done in the crease or only on the extended incision???

Laser treatment

+1

Laser rejuvenation can be done on the creases of the eyelids after blepharoplasty. It can be performed sooner than later, even in the early postoperative stage.

San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Visible Scars 3 Weeks post Blepharoplasty

+1

Laser treatments can flatten a scar and reduce the redness of a scar. In general, I would recommend waiting for one year before proceeding to laser as time alone will make a difference. At three weeks, the scar may look its worst. You should be able to cover it up with a little make up to allow for additional wound maturation.

Putting a silicone patch or Mederma cream on the outer part of the scar may also help.

Please consult your surgeon.

Best wishes

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon