Juvederm vs. Other Fillers? Comparison

I'm not sure about which filler to use in my lips vs. under my eyes or in my nasolabial folds. When is Juvederm the best choice, or a better choice than Restylane, Evolence or other fillers?

More comfort: Juvederm Ultra with lidocaine

+3

Many patients in our practice prefer Juvederm Ultra with lidocaine. Juvederm Ultra contains a local anesthetic mixed with the hyaluronic acid. The treatment and the following massage is much more comfortable. This is the product available from Allergan in Germany. 

Mainz Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm great for nasolabial folds.

+2

Hi.

In NewYork City, we recommend Juvederm for the nasolabial folds.  Under the eyes, only Restylane should be used.  Both are fine for the lips, and each expert has a preference.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Juvederm is the best choice for one filler for all three areas

+2

If you are looking for one filler for all three areas such as the lips, nasolabial areas, and under eyes, then Juvederm is the one for you. It's at $550 per syringe and usually takes 2 syringes for the nasolabial areas and one for  the lips and one or 2 for under the eyes. 

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Depends on physician

+1
As a physician, I have found that I prefer to use Juvederm products. I would recommend that you find an injector that you trust, and ask him/her for advice regarding which products would be right for you.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Fillers like Juvederm and Restylane mainly rely on the skill of the injector.

+1

To a small degree, the choice of hyaluronic acid filler depends on the qualities of the filler itself, but I really believe that the majority of the outcome and benefit is to be determined by the eye, hand, and artistic  touch of the injector. Many physicians say that certain fillers belong in certain areas but not in others, but with the right approach, a good outcome can be achieved with different fillers in the same areas.

The best bet is to start with a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon, and go from there to choose a physician you feel is detailed and caring and experienced.

Jessica J. Krant, MD, MPH

Juvederm, Restylane, Radiesse, and other Fillers

+1

The most common fillers are in a class called hyaluronic acid (HA).  There are a number of brands of HA but I prefer Juvederm and Restylane for their quality and longevity.  These are the only products I will use in the lips and under the eyes.  I prefer Restylane in the lower eyelids as Juvederm can become puffy.  Radiesse is also an excellent product in some smile lines and for general facial filling like hollow cheeks or simulating cheek implants.  I no longer use any collagen products and have found Sculptra results to be dubious at best.  Evolence is also an HA product but is no longer sold as it appears the company had trouble breaking into the market and making a profit.

Louis W. Apostolakis, MD
Austin Facial Plastic Surgeon

When to use Juvederm

+1

Juvederm is generally better than larger molecules such as perlane or radiesse when precision is required such as in the lips, under the eyes, or for smokers lines. We also prefer Juvederm to radiesse for nasolabial folds when the folds are not very deep.  Restylane and Juvederm are similar hyaluronic acid dermal fillers which can be used similarly, and the choice between the two is more of the personal preference of the injector.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Juvederm is an excellent dermal filler in the lips

+1

Juvederm is an excellent hyaluronic acid based injectable that can be used effectively for facial contouring.

Juvederm is commonly used around the lips, the smile lines, the marionette lines, under deep wrinkles, under deep scars, and even under the area of the eye.

In our practice, we commonly use Juvederm for lip augmentation and for the correction of superficial wrinkles and scars. This is because we find that Juvederm is smoother than other dermal fillers. Some double fillers like Radiesse and Sculptra should never be used in the superficial skin.

Pat Pazmino, MD

Juvederm - How to pick the right filler

+1

Juvederm has many applications including filling the lips, nasolabial folds, and areas around the eyes. In some cases, we use Radiesse such as the nasolabial folds since the results last much longer. However, in the lips Juvederm Ultra or sometime Ultra Plus provides a smoother result.

There is no one filler right for all places and all patients. Therefore, we stock a variety of fillers to create the right personalized solution for our patients. To learn more visit our site below.

Ankit Desai, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Juviderm as Facial Filler

+1

Juviderm is a soft, clear, gel that integrates beautifully into the skin. It is made of a normal skin component and looks and feels as natural as your own skin. The thinner form (Ultra) is perfect for under the eyes, where the thicker form (Ultra Plus) is great for the lips and deeper folds.

Juviderm is slowly removed by your body, so it will have to be replaced within a year. Newer formulations contain a local anesthetic to make placement more comfortable. Restylane is very similar to Juviderm. Radiesse is a thicker white calcium product that may be good for deeper folds, but not good for lips or under your eyes. Your doctor can determine which is best for you.

Randy J. Buckspan, MD