When It's Time to Purchase an Extra Compression Garment, Should You Buy the One That Has the Butt Out?

im concerned if the butt is left inside the compression garmet you will loose the fat. I'm not a surgeon so im not sure if that is a valid concern. Does the butt being in the garmet give you better results or vise versa? Thank you! BBL

Compression Garment Following Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Compression Garment Instructions and Purpose after Brazilian Butt Lift 

The short answer is that your butt needs to be inside the compression garment to minimize swelling and if well fitted will not cause you to lose fat.
Most important is to follow your surgeon's advise. He/She has specific reasons for their recommendations. In general this is what I recommend to my patients - wear their garments for a minimum of 3 weeks full time then for 12 hrs (day or night). if not a lot of redundant skin following liposuction to a maximum of 6 weeks. To be effective the garment needs to fit snug but not too tight as to cause pressure problems (inspect your skin if discomfort and when skin is exposed), or prevent you from sleeping. As the edema resolves it is common for patients to switch to a smaller garment that fits - A Spanx type garment would work rather than ordering one or paying more at your doctor;'s office.
Following Liposuction and Fat transfer procedures used in the Brazilian butt lift,  the compression garments are required for three main reasons:
It restricts the amount of edema that forms and hastens its resolution by mechanical pressure
It decreases the amount of bruising
It assists the loose skin in retracting or shrinking in the liposuction areas

The length of time that the garment is worn varies dependent on the amount of fat removed, the elastic nature of your skin, how much loose skin remains at the liposuction site or how much swelling from edema in the buttocks you have and other factors. Your surgeon would give you the best advise. However in general this is the routine for my patients.
The first garment should be fitted for you in the office prior to surgery and applied in the operating room. Often it will become loose as the edema is mobilized and then it will need to be replaced. Spanx is a reasonable compression  garment if it gives enough support and is the right size. I have my patents bring them in and confirm that it fits well.
Most important advise is to listen to your surgeon's advice as he best knows how much fat was removed in the donor sites and transferred into the buttocks, and other factors mentioned above

Compression garment and BBL

+1

Your surgeon should be able to advise you appropriately regarding your postoperative care including the appropriate compression garment for the surgery that was performed.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS