When Is it ok to Start Light Weight, Cardio-Nine Weeks Post-Op TT, No Complications, I Am 5'2 H, 133 Lbs?

Stopped working out 1 month before surgery and haven’t worked out after surgery, Want to start working out, to burn calories and start tonning lets and arms. I am concerned about how much I can do, to avoid causing any damages. TT still swells during the day, the lower part of TT, feel that on the days that I am more active than normal, TT gets hard and the area right side of my belly button hurts. Please let me know based on your experience what do you recommend and type of excurse activity is approved.

Exercise after tummy tuck

+2

Every surgery and recuperation is slightly different as are the recommendations from different surgeons. Your surgeon is in the best position to evaluate your recovery and make recommendations about exercise. In general, for my patients, I tell them if it hurts, don't do it. And to start slowly after having been away from working out for a while. And be aware that although you may feel fine after working out today, you may be very sore tomorrow. Good luck to you.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Hello

+2

In our practice we like to tell our patients that 8 weeks after surgery is when you can go back to normal. You will have to start slowly since you have been out of commision for so long.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Exercise

+2

Every surgeon is different, and I tell my patients they can start with light exercise 6 to 8 weeks post surgery and work their way up.  You should ask your surgeon or he/she should have told you before surgery.

Andre Aboolian, MD

Ok to Start Light Weight, Cardio-Nine Weeks Post-Op?

+1

It is best to run this sort of question by your surgeon who knows what was done and has followed your recovery.

By six weeks, the incisions have reached 90% of the strength that they will achieve, and most surgeons permit resumption of full activities by that time.

Thank you for your question, best wishes.