When looking for an excellent plastic surgeon what credentials should I look for. Am looking to get liposuction done?

+1

Thank you for reaching out for us.

The most important factor in your research is making sure your surgeon is accredited by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. Visit the ASPS visit and you can view surgeons who specialize in Liposuction.

In addition, make sure you spend time looking through his/her work, their before and after pictures to make sure you are please with the quality you see.

And get to know your surgeon during the consult, ask lots of questions and be very clear about your goals.

Picking a surgeon is important, make sure you exhaust all avenues to find the perfect surgeon for you and your goals.

Where and what to look out for:

+1

Thnak you for your question.

In fact this is one of the most intellegent question all patients should ask before considering Plastic Surgery.

There are a lot of great Plastic Surgeons around the globe, so my suggestion is always to look at their website, they should have all the Icons from their different memberships. Visiting the correct Doctor´s certification page is also the best idea you can do before your contact.

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction and Surgeon's Cerdentials

+1

If you are looking into the credentials of a surgeon for a liposuction procedure, be certain they are a plastic surgeon, certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS). I would also recommend that they be members in good standing with both the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) and the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS). Each of the above organizations has websites which lists their members. Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Qualifications

+1

Good question because it is a buyer beware market. Go on more then one consult with surgeons in your area and check their certifications and ask to see photos. Look for experience and make sure you have a good feeling about the MD

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

Plastic surgeon

+1

A plastic surgeon should be boarded by the ABPS and a member in good standing with ASPS or ASAPS.

+1

A board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds a year is a good start.

Liposuction results are highly surgeon dependent. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction and liposuction revision procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.