When Considering a Fat Transfer is Better to Have Smart Lipo or Vaser Lipo?

I am 38 yrs. old wt 108 lbs ht 5'1. I have a fair amount Of fat in my upper, lower abdomen and flanks. After going to about 6 different doctors, I narrowing down my decision to two doctors. One would uses smart lipo the other one would use vaser lipo and both say they will do the fat transfer to my buttocks. I am very confuse which is better or which will give me more lasting results. Would you recommend any surgeon for this procedure in austin, tx? Thank you

Please Read

+4

Historically, Ultrasonic liposuction kills fat cells.  Vaser is based on ultrasonic technology, but is dialed down to lower levels.  There is NO EVIDENCE that Vaser fat is any better than manually liposuctioned fat.  In fact, most experts in fat transplantation believe this technology damages fat cells.  Same story with Smart Lipo- a laser based technology that also burns and destroys fat cells.  No doubt here that laser energy kills fat.

We have performed over 300 breast and buttock augmentations using tumescent liposuctioned fat-  We have published in peer reviewed journals that we can acheive a 63% survival in fat transplantation to the breast,  see reference.

Bottom line-  Tumescent liposuctioned fat is the gold standard technique to harvest fat for transplantation.  I would never consider using ultrasound energy or laser energy to harvest fat if I were planning to re-injecting it into a patient.

Best Regards,

bostonbreastcenter

Dr Del vecchio

What Type of Liposuction should be used for a Fat Transfer?

+3

Neither Vaser nor Smart should be used for a fat transfer, Dr Dan DelVecchio who has posted an answer on this forum is a WORLD LEADER in this area, Tumescent Liposuction is the only method that is tried and true and should be used, the other methods were developed to destroy fat cells, not transfer and preserve, I would suggest seeing a few more surgeons and find one who performs fat transfers on a regular basis and discuss this with him/her. Good luck!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

When Considering a Fat Transfer is Better to Have Smart Lipo or Vaser Lipo

+2

To answer your question specifically, in my opinion, neither would be best for fat transfer.

I prefer manual lipo which I believe preserves the delicate fat cells.

As for the lipo aspect, I have seen no need or added benefit to power or laser assisted lipo vs true tumescent lipo.

Dr. Malouf

Peter Malouf, DO
Dallas Dermatologist