When Can I Expect my Breasts to Have the End Result?

I am 4 days post op from a TT and rectus plication with vertical extension and mastopexy WITHOUT augmentation. I know that it will take at least 6 weeks for my abdominal swelling to subside and 6 months until I see the end result on my tummy. But, what about the shape of my breasts. How long should I expect to wait for "end result"? I'm very happy with the size, but the shape seems odd at 4 days post, but better than 2 days post! Thanks in advance!

Breast lift final results

+2

Depending on the technique utilized for your breast lift, it can take 4-8 weeks to see your final results.   congrats on your mommy makeover.  wishing you a speedy recovery!

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

Results After Mommy Makeover

+2

The final result usually takes about 3 months to see. It usually looks pretty good by the end of a month. It also depends on exactly what was done, so check with your surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticsurgerybaltimore.com/

It takes at least 2-3 months to see the end result.

+1

Although a lot of tissue swelling decreases after 2-3 weeks, your breasts and abdomen will continue to change for at least 3 months.   Your breasts will settle and get softer as time passes.  Try to be patient and follow up with your plastic surgeon.  Best wishes on your recovery.

Web reference: http://www.drkimplasticsurgery.com

End Result of Breast Lift

+1

At 4 days postop, you are very early in your recovery process.  We usually recommend 6 weeks for swelling to resolve and 6 months for scars to fade.   You will then continue to see improvements for the first 2 years.

Hence, you are very early in the process.   If you are happy with the improvements from day 2 to 4, i think you will be very pleased with your result at 6 weeks.

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

Breast Lift Results Expected At 3-4 Months

+1

Congratulations on your Mommy Makeover. With a breast lift, depending upon the technique, the swelling may take as long as 3-4 months to subside. Usually the most dramatic reduction in swelling takes place in the first month, though. The final few months are like icing on the cake where the final shape becomes evident and more natural. Congrats again!

+1

SInce you did not have an implant, your breast shape should look close to its expected outcome by about a month, and then by three months about the outcome size and shape. Expect the scar to improve over the course of a year.

Thanks for the question, best wishes.

Results after mommy makeover

+1

It will take at least 3 months for you to see the end results. And even then, there will be slight changes in shape for another 3 months and improvements in the scarring for at least a year. 

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon