When I Can Exercise Again After Vaser from 10 Days Ago? (photo)

Abdominal lower abs love handles

VASER post op

+1

I usually advise my patients to start with walks, after a week  & cardio after 2 weeks following a VASER procedure. Any core exercise, or exercise involving the part treated, involving weights is best avoided for 4 weeks following the procedure.

India Plastic Surgeon

Surgery and Exercise

+1
Most surgeons would likely recommend no excessive straining for 2 weeks after surgery.  I am not as concerned about swelling as I am with bleeding (hematoma formation).  Straining of any type raises one's blood pressure potentially causing bleeding in a fresh operative region.  So, if surgery is done on the abdomen for instance, straining by performing squats in the gym can have the same effect on bleeding, even though the exercised region is remote from the actual area of surgery. Speak with your surgeon toget clearance to exercise as opinions can vary to some extent.

Ronald A. Lohner, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

VASER Liposelection

+1

Typically, I tell my Cleveland VASER LipoSelection® patients to walk around 3 times a day from the 7th day after their VASER LipoSelection® procedure. From that perspective, it’s a matter of what you call “exercise.” I tell my VASER LipoSelection® patients to refrain from getting their heart rate over 100 for about three weeks. The reason I say this, is it prolongs the swelling.

Along with compliance with garments and exercise restriction, I also recommend several massage therapy sessions 7-10 days after the VASER LipoSelection® procedure.

Depending on your height and weight, patients can also have some VASER Shape treatments to optimize skin tightening within the first three months after surgery. Most of my Cleveland VASER LipoSelection® patients return to work within a day or two after VASER LipoSelection®, depending on how active their job is.

Paul Vanek, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Return to physical exercises after Vaser

+1

Patients can start physical exercises after about 2 weeks if they feel well. Wearing their compression garment during first week of returning to the GYM is a good idea, although it might be rather uncomfortable. I normally advise to start with weight-bearing ( running, jogging)and stretch types of exercises during first week.

You surgeon should give you his/her recommendation when it is safe to start exercising.

Alexandra Chambers, MD
London Dermatologist

Vaser and exercise

+1

I usually let my liposuction patients return to workouts and aerobices within a week or two as they feel comfortable. It is always best to review with your doctor his preferences.