When is Dry Socket No Longer a Risk After Having Teeth Pulled?

I had my two top wisdom teeth and one bottom wisdom tooth pulled 5 days ago. I haven't had any discomfort or pain but I am still paranoid.

"No News IS Good News" for Dry Socket!

A dry socket following a dental extraction generally occurs early in the healing process. It is a very painful disruption of the blood clot in the bony socket, which is the primary stage of healing and occurs very soon after the first 24 hours of surgery creating a delay of the normal healing process. From what you describe, "no news is good news" five days along in the healing process.You oral surgeon should have also scheduled a post operative exam to check how your healing is progressing as well.

Manhattan Dentist

521 Park Ave
New York, NY 10065

Dry Socket Risk

If you haven't had any pain yet, you are probably safe from a dry socket. If you are that paranoid, then visit the surgeon and let him see how the healing is going.

Jay Neuhaus, DDS
New York Dentist

8 Gramercy Park South
New York, NY 10003