When Does the Bumpiness Go Away After Smart Lipo?

I Had smart lipo done on my outer thighs 3 months ago and i have alot of bumpiness, other than that i am extremely happy with it. I have not done any massage. Will this go away with massage? Is it the toxins left over from the procedure that is causing this uneveness?

It can take up to 1 year

+2

This is very common. Massaging helps, external ultrasound helps and compresion helps. It is simply the "stuff" underneath that is healing. You cannot tell early on whether there will be uneveness on a long term basis. You have to wait at least 6 montyhs to see how things smooth out, but there may be permanet uneveness.

Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Given time, it usually resolves

+1

In general, lumpiness and irregularities can occur after liposuction or Smartlipo. Most of these will generally resolve after 3-4 months but it can take up to 6-8 months. In my experience human or hand massage doesn't offer much beyond the 3-4 month period unless they are frequent or very aggressive. However, treatments such as ultrasound or mechanical massage can help things along. Any uneveness beyond 6-8 months you should at least consider a consult for a touch up procedure.

Edgar Franklin Fincher, MD, PhD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon