When Dissolving Juvederm Lumps from Bad Technique, How Long Before You Can Get Juvederm Injected Again?

A board certified plastic surgeon who injected 1 juvederm syringe into my deep nasolabial folds used bad technique resulting in 4 small visible sized lumps by my nares. His ass't. told me to massage them away over the first 24 hours.8 days later they are peeling/red and I still have them. After I go to another surgeon to dissolve this, how soon can juviderm be injected again to get my desired results? I do not want to return d/t his technique. He was conservative, my results are disappointing.

How long do you have to wait after hyaluronidase treatment to have Juvederm injected again?

+1

Hyaluronidase is a great option for dissolving any hyaluronic acid filler that is present. To be safe, I would recommend waiting at least 2 weeks after a hyaluonidase treatment to have filler injected in the area again. You want to make sure the filler is completely removed before injecting any more. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Secondary Juvederm injection

+1

Two weeks would seem reasonable to allow the previous area to subside.  Once the area and fold has returned to its pre-injection shape you would be okay to go ahead.  

Reinjection after hyaluronidase

+1

I would wait for two weeks, or until the lumps are completely resolved, whatever comes later.  Hyaluronidase works very quickly and lasts for only a day or two.  So by a week, it's effect will be complete.  But it may take another week, or even longer, for the skin to settle, essentially contracting back to the pre-injection shape.  So in my practice I give it another week just to be safe.  Or in those rare cases where patients were really ballooned by too much filler, the skin may take a little longer to get back to normal. So logically we wait for that before starting a new round of fillers.

Kevin Robertson, MD
Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

I Would Wait For 2 Weeks

+1

Hyaluronidase is effective at removing all hyaluronic acid fillers including Juvederm.  It dissolves the filler instantaneously, but I recommend to wait for 2 weeks before re-injecting the area.  This conservative recommendation ensures the area has returned back to the pre-injection state.  At that time, hyaluronidase can be re-injected is some product remains.  The area must not be red are irritated before re-injecting.

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Hyaluronidase can be used to help in this situation as you have stated.  I would wait until the lumps have been dissolved and the skin is no longer irritated.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Juvederm and hyaluronidase

+1

If you need juvederm disssolved with hyaluronidase then I would wait a week or two  before having filler replaced.

Dissolving Juvederm

+1

After using hyaluronidase to dissolve Juvederm, I like to wait one week before re-injecting.  At that time, the skin has settled and I can properly assess if more filler is required. 

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Melting Juvederm

+1

Juvederm and the other HA dermal fillers can be "melted" with Vitrase or Hyaluronidase.  In most cases, you will see the results within a few minutes to a a few hours, but it may take up to 24 hours.  I would suggest waiting 72 hours before having any new HA dermal fillers injected to avoid having the enzyme melt the newly injected filler.  If you want filler the same day as the "melting" then you would need a different category of filler such as Radiesse with is hydroxyapetite-based, but you would not be able to "melt" this if you do not like the results.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

How long after having Juvederm dissolved can it be injected again?

+1

Whenever a hyaluroinc acid filler, like Juvederm, is dissolved with hyaluronidase, the effect takes place very fast.  Sometimes the result can be seen within a day.  Just to be on the safe side, I would wait about a week after having the Juvederm dissolved before you have more placed.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon