I am 2.5 Week Out of a TT, When Can I Dance on Stage Like I Use To?

I am an adult entertainer. I had my tummy tuck surgery approx. 2 1/2 weeks ago. I have returned to work. i dont do pole tricks yet and I dont do the bouncy moves yet because I am scared to bust my stitches. Is this correct, can i move more ans start popping my body more or should i still take it easy. my surgeon is aware of my occupation and did advise me of becoming extremely exhausted and no sit-ups and he provided me with mederma cream. thank you for your help!! Charisse

When Can I Dance/Exercise after Tummy Tuck

You are at risk of injuring yourself as it takes 6 weeks to be mostly healed from this surgery. Although strenuous activity, and lifting more than ten pounds, must be avoided for 6 weeks, some people can return to work and daily activities as soon as 2 weeks after surgery. Softening of the surgical scars, return of sensation, and loosening of the tight sensation may take several months to a year or more.
Abdominoplasty involves a recovery period of 10 to 14 days longer than most plastic surgical procedures. No sports, pole dancing or heavy lifting for 6 weeks or more – please discuss with your doctor for specific recommendations.

Time off work for Adult Entertainer

Each surgeon has his or her own guidelines for postoperative care. Patients generally can return to light activity 7 to 10 post surgery. More strenuous activity can generally begin 2 to 6 months post surgery. You probably will fall somewhere between the 10 day to 2 month time period. Consult your surgeon has he or she understands the scope of the surgery and the specifics about you.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Safety of resuming dancing 3 weeks after a Tummy Tuck

I think it is only proper that the surgeon who performed your procedure shoud be the  one dictating your postoperative do's and don'ts. The more scar tissue forms between the skin and the tightened tummy muscles the less forces are focused on the muscle repair and the lower tummy skin  scar making a tear and separation less likely. I would wait 4-6 weeks before engaging in strenuous efforts. 

Tummy Tuck and Return to Activity?

Your plastic surgeon is in the best position to advise you about specific activities after tummy tuck surgery. He knows exactly what procedure was performed and whether or not you are healing without complications. I would suggest continued follow-up with him for precise advice.