When can one consume alcohol after getting botox and restylane filler? (photo)

I'm 35 years old female and I got botox in my forehead and restylane filler in my laugh lines on Wednesday afternoon. Will I be able to go out on the weekend and consume alcohol (Vodka)?

Botox and Alcohol

+1
Generally, it is not a problem to consume alcohol after receiving Botox, Restylane or any filler. I suggest you speak directly with your treatment provider to see if they have any restrictions.

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Alcohol after Botox and Fillers

+1

There is no real contraindication to having alcohol after Botox and fillers. It is generally discouraged a little because it thins your blood and increases the chance of a bruise, which is really only a concern with fillers, and rarely an issue with Botox. That said, I recommend no alcohol the same day to minimize any chance of a bruise and/or reduce the duration of a bruise. ~ Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

+1
Doctors have differing opinions regarding alcohol use after Botox injections. Check with your treating plastic surgeon for his or her advice. 

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Alcohol after fillers or Botox

+1

I don't give any restrictions on alcohol after injections. There are no issues with it, so be safe and have a good time. 

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Alcohol after botox/filler

+1
There is no contraindication to consuming alcohol following a Botox and filler procedure. I advise my patients to wait 24 hours after filler to consume alcohol since this may increase the potential for bruising. I do not restrict alcohol consumption after Botox. Please consult your treating physician for their recommendations. Best wishes. 

Kristin Baird, MD
Longmont Dermatologic Surgeon

When can alcohol be consumed after getting Botox and Restylane?

+1

Different doctors may have different rules as to when they allow patients to have alcohol after treatments like Botox and Restylane, so it is best to check with your injector.  Personally, I do not restrict patients from having alcohol immediately after Botox and Restylane treatments.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon