When Can I See Buttocks Fat Transfer Results?

I recently had a fat transfer to buttocks. Am I supposed to see the result right away or does it take time for the butt to become full from the fat transfer?

RESULTS AFTER FAT TRANSFER

After a fat transfer to the buttocks you should see a result immediately after surgery.  However, the result you see immediately will reduce slightly as the swelling resolves.  Also some of the volume could be loss as not all of the fat transferred will attach to the blood supply and become viable.  After the initial 2 weeks after surgery, the fat that remains will become permanent.  There could still be residual swelling after 2 weeks so your final result will be visible in 3 to 6 months.  In regards to the areas that were liposuctioned, you probably will not see an immediate result as there will be swelling and sometimes bruising in those areas.  The swelling will resolve and you should see a result in about a month but your final result will not be visible for up to 6 months.  Be sure to follow your plastic surgeon’s post operative instructions carefully as they are designed to help you achieve the optimum result of your surgery.

Be well and good luck!

@norrisplastic

Result From Buttock Fat Transfer

Brazilian butt lift is so popular because it enables your plastic surgeon to transform your entire shape. Liposuction is performed over several areas depending on the individual patient needs, but typically of the flanks, abdomen, back and thighs.

Patients typically see a dramatic change the next day, as the areas that have been liposuctioned will improve the entire shape of the patient. The buttock is swollen and bruised from the procedure but this is normal after any surgical procedure.

The patient’s shape will continue to improve over the next couple months as the swelling continues to fade and the waist gets thinner and thinner. The buttock will also start to feel softer and more natural as the swelling slowly resolves.

I tell patients that they typically need 3 to 6 months to see their final results, but everyone see a dramatic difference the next day.

You will see the biggest result right away. After the first week you will see the area shrink for ~3 months. After this the area should be stable with little change.

Fat Transfer Results to the Buttocks

The results that you see after fat transfer to the buttocks should be immediate. You are also general pretty sore as well because a lot of fat is often transferred into the muscle. The amount of soreness and the results you see is usually directly proportional to the amount of fat injected. Unlike the face, the buttock requires a significant amount of volume to give nice results. This is generally several 100cc of fat per side on the buttocks.

Mark A. Jabor, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Fat Transfer to Buttocks

You should see the fat transfer results to the buttocks right away.  We usually put more fat in than necessary because some of the fat will dissolve.  The buttocks is always swollen at first and appears bigger than the end result which is in about 3 months. 

Stanley Castor, MD

Once fat grafting to buttocks is done, it will not get any bigger

Hi Missy,

When you have Fat grafting to the buttocks or any area, you should see a dramatic change in size...immediately! This is partially because we usually over-correct, knowing that some of the fat that we transfer will be reabsorbed as well due to the normal swelling of the area which occurs with surgery.

It does take a relatively large volume of fat to make a significant size increase, so if you don't see any change, you may need to have more fat injected.

It will definitely not get larger on its own after surgery unless you are gaining weight. It will always get somewhat smaller from the day of surgery for up to about 2-3 months as the swelling subsides.

You should see results from fat grafting right away

With fat grafting, you should see the results right away. In fact, the area should be a bit swollen, making the initial results look even better than they will end up.

When you are having fat grafting to the buttock, it takes a considerable amount of fat, which you may not have had. It is best to discuss this with your doctor.

David Shafer, MD

Fat transfer results should be immediate

Hi there- The visible result from fat augmentation of the buttocks (Brazilian Butt Lift) surgery should be immediate, and in fact this is when the volume should be the greatest, as there is swelling and most surgeons believe in over-augmenting the area in anticipation that your body will absorb some of the fatty tissue. Generally some of the volume will be lost over the next 2-3 months in most cases. It bay be that you did not have an adequate volume of fat available for grafting, and that this limited the augmentation possible. I would talk to your surgeon.