When is Breast Liposuction an Ideal Option for Women?

What size women and/or breasts are ideal for breast liposuction?

Liposuction for breast reduction

+1

There are not that many women who are a good candidate for breast reduction by liposuction alone. The ideal candidate is young with excellent skin elasticity, who only needs a one to one and half reduction in cup size.

Breast Augmentation - When is Breast Liposuction an Ideal Option for Women?

+1

I would generally reserve lipo for patients who need or want a small reduction, with or without an associated breast lift.  It's not clear how much elevation of the nipple areola complex can be achieved with lipo alone, and expecting more than just a small amount risks disappointment, particularly if there is more sagging afterward.  It is not, of course, a method of breast augmentation, although fat grafting (transplants) is.  In that case, though, the fat is (generally) obtained from other areas, such as the hips, thighs, buttocks and/or abdomen, and then injecting that into the breasts.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Web reference: http://www.bodysculpture.com

Breast liposuction can be used alone or in combination with a short scar technique

+1

for breast reduction.  For those patients who do not need a lift, and simply want to be smaller, liposuction can be a great option and I have used it with success.  For those patients who are good candidates for a short scar reduction technique, adding liposuction, particularly to the lateral aspect of the breast can be very helpful.  Also, even in patients who need large reductions and removal of extra skin to correct sagging in the breasts, liposuction lateral to the breasts, in the underarm area extending into the back, can improve the result by sharpening the contour of the breast.  The bottom line is, there are many situations in which liposuction can be an improtant componenet of breast reeduction, or  even the only technique used, but determining which situation applies requires consultation with an experienced breast surgeon, and is probably not something you can decide on your own...

Web reference: http://www.plasticsurgeryweb.com

White Plains Plastic Surgeon

When is Breast Liposuction an Ideal Option for Women?Answer:

+1

I only use it for mild asymmetry in someone who has great shape and just a little size mismatch. I most recently used it for a woman that had a lift (no implant) prior and was now getting a TT and just wanted to be a bit more even. It worked GREAT but again, not a frequent thing I see very often...

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Breast Liposuction

+1

I may use  liposuction as one of my tools when I am performing breast reduction surgery. It is not, however, the only tool that I use. Generally, I will perform liposuction on the outer aspects of the breast in cases of macromastia (large breasts) in order to create a more defined outside border of the breast. I use traditional surgical breast reduction techniques on the main portion of the breasts in order to provide the shape and to deal with the excess skin. Liposuction alone probably will not allow for the skin shape changes that most breast reduction/breast ptosis cases require.

Web reference: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=www.gayosoplasticsurgery.com&gbv=2&oq=www.gayosoplasticsurgery.com&aq=f&aqi=&aql=

Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction for breast reduction

+1

I do have experience with both liposucion and liposelection (vaser) for breast reduction. The advanatge is very minimal scar ( less than one fifth of an inch ), very quick recovery time ( few days) , and less anesthesia and operating time ( one hour) . Also there is no need to put any drain and minimal pain killer is required  for pain control. Best candidates are youg and middle aged patient with relatively thick skin, moderate breast hypertrophy and having not too saggy breasts. We have reduced breast sizes down 2 cups and have removed more than 2 pounds of tissues from each breasts with very satisfactory results.

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

I do not suggest liposuction to the breast

+1

I have several reservations about liposuction to the breast.  First I think it is difficult to control how much was removed and where in the breast it is removed.  Next, it does not correct drooping/ptosis and may even increase it as liposuction does not address the skin.  It finally can lead to lumps in the breast that at the minimum are annoying and on occassion could be confused for cancer.

Web reference: http://www.tarrantplasticsurgery.com

Breast Reduction with Liposuction

+1

Using modern liposuction techniques, many breasts can be reduced in size significantly, especially if they are fatty in nature and not firm.  The problem is that this does not address the ptosis, or droopiness, of the breasts, which is more commom in this type of breast. This is a problem of too much skin and often adds to the symptoms associated with enlarged breasts.  A direct answer to your question is that breast liposuction is a good option when the planned reduction in size is small and there is minimal or no breast droopiness.

Breast Liposuction

+1

Liposuction of the breast is occasionally used as the only method to reduce breast size and is also used in conjunction with more trtaditional breast reduction surgery to feather the edges .  The major problem with liposuction of the breast is that it is unpredictable.  It is difficult to know how much tissue will be removed and it takes 3-6 months to see the final size. It works better in breast that are more fatty than fibrous and in breasts with good skin elasticity. I have used the technique for women that understood and accepted this unpredictability and were adamantly against visible scars. Most women would prefer a technique that is more predictable, so it is not frequently used for major size change.

Web reference: http://www.maryleepetersmd.com

Breat reduction and liposuction

+1

Some doctors have been using liposuction for breast reduction. It only reduces the volume it does not improve the overall shape ( i.e. skin excess removal).