When Can I or Should I Get a Breast Lift?

im 17 y/d and my breast (42/44c), as i see it, are not the norm. my nipples point down & not foward, they're under my boobs like they're hidding. they look like they grew upside down. im really uncomfortable about them, and very awear of how they're supposed to be. when i lay down on my back they become flat, on my side they flop on top of eachother. i always thought because i was overweight it caused them to be that way. is this something genetic, and can i get it fixed?

When Can I or Should I Get a Breast Lift??

+1

It would be helpful in trying to respond to have some photos to look at. 

From the description alone, it seems that you might well be a candidate for a breast lift. 

The best way to answer your question is to arrange a consultation with a plastic surgeon in your area. RealSelf has a listing, as does the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org).

The pros and cons can be reviewed, the timing of surgery, and whether some pre-op weight loss would improve your result.

Thanks for the question, best wishes.

Breast Lift Best Option for 'Floppy-Droopy" Breasts

+1

Judging from your description, a breast lift seems to be your best option. Genetic or not, you certainly have a way to 'fix' it. There is a technique that is able to lift and reshape breasts so that a vertical scar nor implants are needed. It is called the Ultimate Breast Lift technique. Do your research. This is a great place to start.

Kind regards,

Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast issues at 17

+1

If you have very larger breasts, you may be a good candidate for a reduction. Without an exam it is difficult to say, but you would need your parents' consent.

Breast shape problems in a young teenager

+1

It is difficult to give you a definitive answer without a photograph.  A consultation with a plastic surgeon will answer most of your questions.   There are many common abnormalities of breast growth and for a young teen I am sure that this is of a concern to you.  Involve your parents and educate yourself to possible solutions to your problem.  

Breast lift

+1

I agree that it is difficult to accurately answer your question
without photographs. However, genetics can definitely contribute to
sagging breasts and nipples pointing downward. I would recommend
seeking a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. Since
you are technically a minor, you will need to have a parent or
guardian with you in order to sign the consent form.

Good luck!

Dr. Sam Speron

Sam Speron, MD

Breast lift

+1

Dear pagan95,

It is a little bit difficult to answer you without a photo.

I suggest you find a Board certified Plastic Surgeon in your area and go for a consultation. because you are only 17, you will need to go with one parent.

you can gather some information about breast lift and what can be done to make your breast more pleasing looking.

in 1 more year, you will be able to sign your own consent and undergo the surgery if you wish.

the price to lift breasts are scars which can be designed as lollipop and concealed when you wear a bra.

if you think you are also overweight, you can go consult with a dietitian too who can recommend an appropriated diet and help you loose weight before any surgery.

good luck !

F. Mussat, MD 

Florence Mussat, MD

Can or should have a breastlift

+1

We often blame weight loss or pregnancy for breast sagging or ptosis, but genetics can play an even greater influence. Unfortunately some will just inherit a breast shape with the nipple pointing toward the floor. Breast lift is all about nipple position and you can lift the nipple up front and center and shape the breast with a lift. Yes you can have a lift. Should you depends on where you are in your development and growth, and if you have a complete understanding of the trade off (scar) inherent in the procedure.