When Can I or Should I Get a Breast Lift?

im 17 y/d and my breast (42/44c), as i see it, are not the norm. my nipples point down & not foward, they're under my boobs like they're hidding. they look like they grew upside down. im really uncomfortable about them, and very awear of how they're supposed to be. when i lay down on my back they become flat, on my side they flop on top of eachother. i always thought because i was overweight it caused them to be that way. is this something genetic, and can i get it fixed?

When can I or should I get a breast lift?

Thank you for your question! I hope that these answers help in making your decision. It is not uncommon to have the symptoms that you describe, especially in teenagers once her breasts begin to fully develop. It may be that you have juvenile hypertrophy, in which case, your symptoms may worsen and breast continue to grow and droop over time. However, if you are not having any symptoms and desire the procedure to improve the shape, it would be wise to consider this after your breasts have fully developed. At which time, the shaping could be performed more accurately.

Once one begins to have the symptoms that you state above, consideration for a surgical procedure to ameliorate your symptoms, assist with self esteem, and allow you to get back to physical activities in your youth should be done. Given your symptoms, you would be an ideal candidate. You must first discuss with your parents and pediatrician, and then consulting with a plastic surgeon for evaluation and examination to assist you in deciding if this would be the right thing for you. Your surgeon will also go over what to expect as well as the risks and benefits of the procedure. Overall, your symptoms should be ameliorated almost immediately and hopefully give you more self confidence and an increased activity level. Your breasts may still continue to grow over the next several years, but it is certainly reasonable to consider this at this age with the issues that you are having. Many surgeons will recommend awaiting until full breast development prior to consideration, but discuss your concerns. I hope that this helps! Good luck with your decision!

8900 E. Raintree Dr.
Scottsdale, AZ 85260

When Can I or Should I Get a Breast Lift??

It would be helpful in trying to respond to have some photos to look at. 

From the description alone, it seems that you might well be a candidate for a breast lift. 

The best way to answer your question is to arrange a consultation with a plastic surgeon in your area. RealSelf has a listing, as does the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org).

The pros and cons can be reviewed, the timing of surgery, and whether some pre-op weight loss would improve your result.

Thanks for the question, best wishes.

1110 112th Avenue NE
Bellevue, WA 98004

Breast Lift Best Option for 'Floppy-Droopy" Breasts

Judging from your description, a breast lift seems to be your best option. Genetic or not, you certainly have a way to 'fix' it. There is a technique that is able to lift and reshape breasts so that a vertical scar nor implants are needed. It is called the Ultimate Breast Lift technique. Do your research. This is a great place to start.

Kind regards,

Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

14887 Southwest Freeway
Sugar Land, TX 77478

Breast issues at 17

If you have very larger breasts, you may be a good candidate for a reduction. Without an exam it is difficult to say, but you would need your parents' consent.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Breast shape problems in a young teenager

It is difficult to give you a definitive answer without a photograph.  A consultation with a plastic surgeon will answer most of your questions.   There are many common abnormalities of breast growth and for a young teen I am sure that this is of a concern to you.  Involve your parents and educate yourself to possible solutions to your problem.  

3096 Peachtree Industrial Blvd
Duluth, GA 30097

Breast lift

I agree that it is difficult to accurately answer your question
without photographs. However, genetics can definitely contribute to
sagging breasts and nipples pointing downward. I would recommend
seeking a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. Since
you are technically a minor, you will need to have a parent or
guardian with you in order to sign the consent form.

Good luck!

Dr. Sam Speron

Sam Speron, MD

950 N Northwest Highway
Park Ridge, IL 60068

Breast lift

Dear pagan95,

It is a little bit difficult to answer you without a photo.

I suggest you find a Board certified Plastic Surgeon in your area and go for a consultation. because you are only 17, you will need to go with one parent.

you can gather some information about breast lift and what can be done to make your breast more pleasing looking.

in 1 more year, you will be able to sign your own consent and undergo the surgery if you wish.

the price to lift breasts are scars which can be designed as lollipop and concealed when you wear a bra.

if you think you are also overweight, you can go consult with a dietitian too who can recommend an appropriated diet and help you loose weight before any surgery.

good luck !

F. Mussat, MD 

Florence Mussat, MD

680 N Lake Shore Dr.
Chicago, IL 60611

Can or should have a breastlift

We often blame weight loss or pregnancy for breast sagging or ptosis, but genetics can play an even greater influence. Unfortunately some will just inherit a breast shape with the nipple pointing toward the floor. Breast lift is all about nipple position and you can lift the nipple up front and center and shape the breast with a lift. Yes you can have a lift. Should you depends on where you are in your development and growth, and if you have a complete understanding of the trade off (scar) inherent in the procedure.

8901 West Golf Road
Des Plaines, IL 60016